Support for Catholic beliefs in Protestant Bibles

Here is a of list of Bible verses taken from 2 Bible translations most widely used by Fundamentalist Protestants, the King James Version (KJV) and the New International Version (NIV):

boomertrek.com/Doctrines/Apologetics%20-%20Bible%20verses.pdf

Thank you! This is really interesting. I was in a protestant bible study program last year and my teachers talked a lot about how catholics interpreted the bible wrongly.

They were especially critical of this verse:
“I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (Rock), and upon
this rock I will build my church….And I will give unto thee the keys
of the kingdom of heaven” (Matt 16:18-19 – KJV).

:thumbsup:

In my discussions with non-Catholic Christians I frequently use the Revised Standard Version of the bible as well as the King James. I am never criticized for having a biased translation since I use non-Catholic translations that they are familiar with. The necessary evidence for Catholic doctrine is, as the OP’s link points out, contained in non-Catholic bibles. If you know your bible you will see that Catholic teachings are well supported by scripture regardless of the translation.

There’s also a book by Dave Armstrong, The Catholic Verses: 95 Bible Passages That Confound Protestants.

amazon.com/Catholic-Verses-Passages-Confound-Protestants/dp/1928832733/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425997709&sr=8-1&keywords=catholic+verses

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.