Supreme Court Upholds Affirmative Action in College Admissions

The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday upheld the affirmative action program at the University of Texas at Austin, ending a protracted legal battle.

It was not immediately clear how far-reaching the ruling will be because of the specifics of the Texas program at issue.

A Texas law guarantees admission to the university for students in roughly the top ten percent of the graduating class of any Texas high school. To fill the remaining slots, about one fourth of each entering class, the school considers several other factors, including an applicant’s race.

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/supreme-court-upholds-affirmative-action-college-admissions-n582981

To fill the remaining slots, about one fourth of each entering class, the school considers several other factors, including an applicant’s race.

Troublesome as I think race simply should be omitted from applications during enrollment/hiring, more to the point of qualifying merit.

For different reasons I think the black box ought to be removed also as its discrimination.

I don’t know if per say the white lady in the OP was discriminated against or not but its quite possible.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.