Sure signs of a false prophet

1. He benefits personally in some way by being a prophet.
  2. There are special rules just for him.
  3. He gets special exemptions from certain rules.
  4. He has intimidated or killed those who oppose him.
  5. He exalts himself.
  6. He demands more of you then he is willing to do.
  7. He becomes the center of attention.
  8. He changes his revelations constantly.
  9. God seems to give him what he wants when he wants it.
  10. When he is caught in deception he claims persecution.

Look at Muhammed: he gained wealth and booty, he committed violence against others, he had more wives then anyone else including at least one 9 year old, God seemed to cut him slack, he changed his suras when it suited him, he taught people to hate, he killed those who opposed him, he demanded slavish obedience, and he died in a normal way.

Look at Jesus: he lived in poverty, had no wives and was celibate, he never killed anyone, his revelation was consistant with message of love and sacrifice, he demanded more of himself, he suffered for his people rather then vis versa, and he died on the cross for our salvation. AND he rose on the 3rd day! He was far more then a mere prophet. He is God.

Hands down Jesus is FAR superior to Muhammed (cpuh).

People like you that make such statements get death fatwahs issued against them.

People like him bear witness to Our Lord Jesus Christ. People like him think that belief in Our Lord is more important than death fatwahs. In times past these people were called martyrs. The cloud of martyrs in Heaven bears witness to the testimony of we in the Church Militant still on Earth.

Maybe you need to go review your world history around 1938 and see what happens when you appease fascists.

I’m the only one permitted to issue fatwa’s on this site.
Cest knows best

:rotfl: :rotfl: Indeed, Father, indeed!

[quote=onesimplemind]People like you that make such statements get death fatwahs issued against them.
[/quote]

nobody in his right mind would issue fatwah against cest, don’t they know who they are dealing with?

He was not ‘die’ in normal way, he was poisoned by a jewish woman. Somewhere I heard he ‘die’ in the chest of aisha (I read something aisha say ‘his saliva met my saliva’ only God knows what they were doing be4 he died). Anyone knows about it, pls correct me.

I meant that he died and did not rise. Muhammed remains dead. He was only a man and a false prophet.

I was always under the impression that the clerics that follow Mohammed are never in the right mind.

[quote=cestusdei]I meant that he died and did not rise. Muhammed remains dead. He was only a man and a false prophet.
[/quote]

But dont the Muslims claim he was taken bodily by Allah into heaven from the rock, that is located within the Dome of the Rock at the site of the ruins of the 2nd Temple???

[quote=StMarkEofE]But dont the Muslims claim he was taken bodily by Allah into heaven from the rock, that is located within the Dome of the Rock at the site of the ruins of the 2nd Temple???
[/quote]

Into heaven? :confused:

yeah, I think they belive he was assumed in jerusalem

[quote=Brain]yeah, I think they belive he was assumed in jerusalem
[/quote]

Methinks that was Abraham - Mohammed never went to Jerusalem.

[quote=LilyM]Methinks that was Abraham - Mohammed never went to Jerusalem.
[/quote]

No I think they’re right. That’s why the Dome of the Rock is such a big deal.

Muslims believe that God took Muhammad to Jerusalem in the “Night Vision”, he was taken into Jerusalem, he was also taken into heaven where he met the prophets before him. Then he was returned.

[quote=LilyM]Methinks that was Abraham - Mohammed never went to Jerusalem.
[/quote]

There is a hadith that reports Muhammad one night, ride on a winged horse that drove him from Masjidu’lHaram to Msjidu’l Aqsa (in Jerusalem) and from there to the seventh heaven where he was shown the hell and the paradise and then taken to the presence of Allah. This story that is commonly accepted by All the Muslims and is known as Mi’raj is also confirmed in Quran

Glory to (Allah)
Who did take His Servant for a journey by night,
From the Sacred Mosque to the Farthest Mosque.
-- Quran 17:1

The biggest problem with this story is that the Masjid’ul Aqsa “Farthest Mosque” was built after the death of Muhammad. :confused: :confused:

Fair enough - I don’t pretend to be a great Islamic scholar. I’m guessing that Mohammed DID die a natural earthly death and stayed dead, and wasn’t whisked permanently off to heaven a la Enoch or Elijah while still alive.

I seem to recall the point was that Jesus DIDN’T suffer a permanent earthly death and DID ascend to heaven while still alive, and that Mohammed was unlike him in this regard. I take it this is a correct statement?

[quote=cestusdei]1. He benefits personally in some way by being a prophet.
2. There are special rules just for him.
3. He gets special exemptions from certain rules.
4. He has intimidated or killed those who oppose him.
5. He exalts himself.
6. He demands more of you then he is willing to do.
7. He becomes the center of attention.
8. He changes his revelations constantly.
9. God seems to give him what he wants when he wants it.
10. When he is caught in deception he claims persecution.

Look at Muhammed: he gained wealth and booty, he committed violence against others, he had more wives then anyone else including at least one 9 year old, God seemed to cut him slack, he changed his suras when it suited him, he taught people to hate, he killed those who opposed him, he demanded slavish obedience, and he died in a normal way.

Look at Jesus: he lived in poverty, had no wives and was celibate, he never killed anyone, his revelation was consistant with message of love and sacrifice, he demanded more of himself, he suffered for his people rather then vis versa, and he died on the cross for our salvation. AND he rose on the 3rd day! He was far more then a mere prophet. He is God.

Hands down Jesus is FAR superior to Muhammed (cpuh).
[/quote]

Jesus and Muhammed are of completely two different levels, one God in the flesh, the other a man. Use David, Abraham, or someone who can at least be compared in a fair and even light. It is unfair to compare a house cat and the lion, one is obviously greater and above in comparison.

[quote=BryPGuy89]Jesus and Muhammed are of completely two different levels, one God in the flesh, the other a man. Use David, Abraham, or someone who can at least be compared in a fair and even light. It is unfair to compare a house cat and the lion, one is obviously greater and above in comparison.
[/quote]

Why is the comparison unfair? After all, don’t Muslims think that Mohammed is superior to Jesus?

[quote=Booklover]Why is the comparison unfair? After all, don’t Muslims think that Mohammed is superior to Jesus?
[/quote]

Yeah, but Christians know that He is above human failings and distractions as God, so using Him for an example, is only saying that God is above man, regardless of their beleifs.
Many religious and prophetic men in the Bible follow under the same catagory, so I don’t get the point you are tyring to make very well, that with me being Christian.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.