Surgery this Thursday

My surgery is this Thursday to remove my tonsils/adenoids. The recovery is said to be painful, difficult, and long for adults. Even in terms of several weeks or more. Please pray for strength spiritually to endure whatever might lie ahead. And prayers for a successful and uncomplicated surgery and a speedy recovery. Please pray also for special blessings upon my husband, family, the doctors/nurses and all who care for me during this time. Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

I still remember two foods I ate after having tonsils removed at age 6. Chocolate marshmallow ice cream … it was absolutely wonderful. And my first “regular” meal … Linguine with white clam sauce sprinkled with grated cheese and red pepper flakes. (Yes, the red pepper did have a bit of a kick to it at the time, but I was very happy to be enjoying the taste of real food again.)

And yeah, I remember being in bed and recovering. That said, I am really glad to have gone through the operation, because it vastly improved my health and was totally necessary in my case.

Prayers for you from one who understands …

:gopray:

~~ the phoenix

God grant our friend as painless a recovery as I had, since my sore throats were much more painful than post-surgery. Please relieve this natural apprehension; and grant our friend’s prayers, for self and others.

God bless you. I hope all goes well, Trishie

***+JMJTJ+

You will be in my prayers for a safe surgery, and a speedy and complete recovery.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen***

Know that I am praying for you and for the practitioner who will be caring for you!

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thy
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Saint Raphael and all Supreme Leaders of the Heavenly Hosts, we implore you that by your prayers you will encircle us, unworthy as we are, with the protection of the wings of your immaterial glory, and guard us who fall down before you and fervently cry: Deliver us from dangers, for you are the commanders of the Powers above.

:signofcross:

(Saint Raphael is the Archangel who
is the special protector of the sick!)

Prayers promised

Praying. My wife had her tonsils removed when she was an adult and found ice cream very enjoyable and soothing after the operation.

Thank you all for the prayers and a special thanks to all who shared their experiences. That really is thoughtful and helps a ton. God bless you all. :slight_smile:

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hope all went well for you!

***+JMJTJ+

Praying for you today…***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying for you, hon! :gopray2:

Praying
Grandma Glor

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.