Survey: More Americans Get News from Internet than Newspapers or Radio

(CNN) -- More Americans get their news from the Internet than from newspapers or radio, and three-fourths say they hear of news via e-mail or updates on social media sites, according to a new report.

More...

Who is surprised at this. I am sure most Catholics get their news from the internet.The internet opened up a world of news sites about the church including of course Catholic Answers.

Ger:thumbsup:

I believe it. I bought a Sunday paper yesterday and was shocked that my once $1.50 newspaper is now*** $3.00!!*** ugh!

Paul

The internet is always on (barring service interruptions) and you can find information about the news you are interested within seconds. Television and radio is always on, but you have to wait to hear about news in which you are interested, a process which takes minutes or even hours. And even then, you still may not find what you are interested in.

Newspapers, by the time they reach your hands, have national and international news whichh is no longer current. They still have an important place covering local stories, things which radio and television give minimal attention,

But internet news is a parasite. It feeds on traditional media reporting. If traditional media declines, as is happening with newspapers, then internet news will also suffer. In the US, we are fortunate that "national" newspapers such as the Washington Post and the New York Times are still healthy. However, even mid-sized newspapers are going bankrupt and others are cutting back on their reporters.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.