Susan Boyle's chance to sing for Benedict XVI is 'greatest dream come true' [CNA]

feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/rNvv8e5c_q8Jz6g83bZdnTlW5P8/0/di
feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/rNvv8e5c_q8Jz6g83bZdnTlW5P8/1/di

Glasgow, United Kingdom, Aug 25, 2010 / 04:06 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Susan Boyle said in an interview on Wednesday that she is "honored and humbled" for the invitation to sing for the Pope in her homeland of Scotland next month. The performances she will make during the Pope's visit are "her greatest dream come true."http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/catholicnewsagency/dailynews/~4/4dzC93NQRLo

Full article...

if i had a good voice that would be my greatest dream come true too i suppose....

Well speaking as someone who never watches Britain's Got Talent or the X Factor type programmes,I did not even know Susan Boyle was a catholic. She can certainly sing however and how wonderful that she is so pleased to sing for His Holiness.

[quote="tbcrawford, post:3, topic:210337"]
Well speaking as someone who never watches Britain's Got Talent or the X Factor type programmes,I did not even know Susan Boyle was a catholic. She can certainly sing however and how wonderful that she is so pleased to sing for His Holiness.

[/quote]

Be thankful! Part of it is people being gushed with praise, the other half is laughing at people who can't make the cut. People like Simon Cowell are the opposite of what the Church teaches about charity, and humility.

Agreed! Apart from the fact I personally find these type programmes uncomfortable to watch I also feel people are being taken advantage of.Just not my cup of tea!Can’t stand these reality type tv programmes.UK seems full of them.Cheap tv for the programme makers though I suppose?!?
Also I feel it insults my intelligece.
You are absolutely right about it being contrary to humility and charity!

Go Susan! I could just hug her I’m so happy for her.

This is great news

Like others I didn't realize she was Catholic. The article says she prays the rosary daily.

May God protect her and give her the Grace necessary to perform under so much pressure.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.