Suspected Asteroid Collision Leaves Odd X-Pattern of Trailing Debris - Is this incredible thing in heavens a sign from God?

I read two articles on the subject, but I didn’t know which title to post, so I used both.

Article one is below:

"Suspected Asteroid Collision Leaves Odd X-Pattern of Trailing Debris

NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has observed a mysterious X-shaped debris pattern and trailing streamers of dust that suggest a head-on collision between two asteroids. Astronomers have long thought the asteroid belt is being ground down through collisions, but such a smashup has never been seen before."…

Entire article here: nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/science/asteroid-20100202.html

Article two, with the more sensational title:

"Is this incredible thing in heavens a sign from God?
‘The truth is, we’re still struggling to understand what this means’

Some people are seeing a flying cross, or perhaps a Star of David.

Others say it resembles a ninja-style throwing blade or even a science-fiction spaceship from such Hollywood creations as “Star Wars,” “Star Trek,” “Babylon 5” or “The Last Starfighter.”

Entire article here: wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=125439

It is indeed a sign from God, as are all Astronomical bodies and events to this humble backyard astronomer. Astonomy always brings to mind the song How Great Thou Art.

*O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed:

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!*

On the lighter side, if its a Star of David shaped spaceship then I seem to recall seeing that in one of the 80’s Mel Brooks film’s :smiley:

It could well be a sign from God. All things considered, I’d say we might be due a big rap on the head to get our attention, so it could be.

I at first thought you meant the movie “Spaceballs,” but I think you are referring to previews from a movie that was never released, “History of the World Part II.” I guess since he himself is Jewish, Mel Brooks was able to make such movies without getting into trouble with the PC police.

Jews in Space
youtube.com/watch?v=AV9BPyWCKTg

Haw! That’s the one.

I think if you go back and look at some older Mel Brooks films he’d be in trouble with the PC police today too. But I won’t let what they think stand in the way of funny and Mel Brooks knows from funny :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="YankeeRC, post:5, topic:187415"]
...I think if you go back and look at some older Mel Brooks films he'd be in trouble with the PC police today too. But I won't let what they think stand in the way of funny and Mel Brooks knows from funny :p

[/quote]

I agree. Mel Brooks is very funny. "Young Frankenstein" and "Blazing Saddles" strongly attest to that. Also, he has lampooned several groups, Catholics among them, i.e. "The inquisition, what a show, the inquisition, here we go, etc. " But. I think it helps for him to be Jewish himself to be able to lampoon other Jewish folks and get away with it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.