Suspected Shebab militants behead Kenyan driver

From AFP:

A group of suspected Shebab Islamist militants have beheaded a Kenyan driver after kidnapping a group of traders on Kenyan soil near the resort island of Lamu, police said Saturday.

The militants kidnapped the traders on Wednesday and took them to the dense Boni forest area in Lamu county. The militants released three of them who were Muslims and beheaded a Christian.

Local police said the body of the victim was found in the forest on Friday. According to police, the survivors said the attackers were well armed and had identified themselves as Shebab members on a mission to fight security forces inside Kenya.

Keep in mind the following:

They declared their ambition to commit genocide against an ancient people. So ISIL speaks for no religion. Their victims are overwhelmingly Muslim, and no faith teaches people to massacre innocents. No just god would stand for what they did yesterday and what they do every single day. ISIL has no ideology of any value to human beings. Their ideology is bankrupt. They may claim out of expediency that they are at war with the United States or the West, but the fact is they terrorize their neighbors and offer them nothing but an endless slavery to their empty vision and the collapse of any definition of civilized behavior.

[RIGHT]Barrack Hussein Obama, 8/21/2014[/RIGHT]

I would submit that the President is dead wrong (and, sadly, the “dead” part of “dead wrong” may ultimately be countless number of innocents who don’t have the opportunity to compartmentalize and immediately return to the golf course after making a “tough statement”).

I would submit that ISIL/ISIS/IS, Boko Haram, and al Shabab are very clearly speaking for a religion. We can debate whether that religion is Islam or some perversion of or sect within Islam, but it is a religion. It has a common dogma, regardless of whether that is “authentic” dogma or “heretical” dogma.

Until Mr. Obama and the rest of the Western World is willing to recognize the situation for what it is, these people will be a threat. This beheading of a Christian by al Shabab is but a infinitesimal example.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

841 The Church’s relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day."330

And your point is what, exactly?

Between the genocide in the Middle East and Africa or the Genocide of the West in Abortion, I will be praying for the conversion of President Hussein Obama and the Democratic Party.

I’m not sure I see a contradiction honestly. Muslims worship the same God, and their religion is also a dangerous and violent one. See, no contradiction.

The big problem is that the moderate Muslims are losing the theological arguments to the jihadists. And as much as I hate to say it, I believe they are losing because their arguments are made with more goodwill than sound theological reasoning. Islam has historically been spread using the exact same tactics that ISIS uses today.

These things are happening so frequently, the French are in North Africa battling extremists in one of those countries like Chad or Mali, I would wager some of us have barely heard of the country called “Central African Republic” but at the end of last May:

Muslim gunmen rampaged through a Catholic church compound in the capital of Central African Republic on Wednesday, killing up to 30 people with gunfire and grenades.

Witnesses said the attack happened at the Church of Fatima, where several hundred civilians had sought refuge from mob violence now ravaging Bangui’s streets.

worldmag.com/2014/05/muslim_militants_storm_church_kill_30_in_central_african_republic

St. John Paul first acknowledges the truth that Muslims get it right when they profess faith in one God. Then, and only then,* does he point out they have it as wrong as wrong can be when it comes to what God has revealed to us in Scripture about who he is, and, I would add, what he asks of his people by way of his commandments*.

catholic.com/blog/tim-staples/do-muslims-worship-the-same-god-catholics-do?page=1

Perhaps we need to consider the full picture.

Islamism IS a religion.

It is not workplace violence and it is not sudden jihad syndrome and it is not a few deranged individuals.

These people are believers, study the Koran daily, and see themselves as the true followers of Mohammed and Islam. Their goal is the restoration of the Caliphate to the glory of the Golden Age, and to subdue the unbelievers as they have been instructed to.

For Obama this may not be Islam as he might like it to be, but in the global experience of many people who have to deal with this evil, this is Islam as it exists today. It is the form of Islam that is on the ascendancy It will not just take other Muslims speaking out to curb this rise of Islamist power, but it will take extraordinary and unprecedented measures, and a full accounting of the history of Islam, with a repentance from much of that history, in order for Muslims of good will to stop the Islamist advance to the position of power in Islam.

American and democratic governments cannot stop the flow of radical Salafi ideals into the mosques around the globe. Only Muslims can do that, but to do that they would first have to reject the temptation of Saudi petrodollars.

Just curious Ringil - do you sleep well at night? So what is your reaction to the beheadings, massacres and crucifixions that are taking place in syria, iraq and nigeria? Does the violence the world is witnessing and the evil not keep you up at night? Do you somehow feel insulated or safe that this can never happen here?
Can you not imagine the fear people are living with 24 hours a day?
I am greatly troubled by what is happening by people who claim to be religious muslims.

Breitbart News spoke with Dr. Robert P. George, McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence at Princeton University, about his call to action to destroy the Islamic State Terror group, the persecution of Christians and other religious minorities in the Middle East, as well as advice for conservative college students on campus. The New York Times has described Dr. George as the United States most influential conservative Christian (Catholic) thinker.

Dr. Robert P. George: It is the same corrupt, evil ideology that drew people to Nazism and Communism, and made them willing to commit horrible atrocities in the name of those ideologies. People want to believe in something. People want to be part of a world-transforming movement. It gives meaning to their lives. It makes them feel like they are part of a larger plan, one which is dictated by history or by God. Unfortunately, their success on the battlefield creates the impression for people who are drawn to this ideology that they part of a world-transforming and humanity-transforming enterprise. We need to think of IS fighters as motivated by the same totalitarian impulse that motivated the Nazis and the Communist.

The best thing we can do to dampen the appeal of IS is to defeat them. Just as success enhances the appeal, defeat diminishes the appeal. We have to make it clear that this movement is not one that is ordained by history or God, and it will be defeated. The Islamic State’s ideology is, like Nazism and Communism, a form of totalitarianism that is destined for the dustbin of history. We must defeat them on the battlefield with the force of arms.
breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/08/22/Robert-P-George-Interview

Well said MJE.

closed #12

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.