“Suspended as a priest and removed as pastor”

Fresno bishop takes action against defiant priest

Full article…

How do these people become priests in the first place? :confused:

I think they start with good intentions, thinking they can “supress” their nature but over time it eats at them like a cancer ( gay or straight ) I would have to say that he may not have had a true calling to the priesthood. Remember there are those that leave the priesthood to marry and have children too. I just think they either didn’t have a true calling or they “gave-in”.
Either way another priest leaves a hole. Leaves a parish that will have to try to repair itself and help those who may have been influenced to sin.

May God Bless them all.

Paul

He should not have become a priest in the first place.The Pope is absolutely correct in encouraging seminaries to screen out those suffering ffrom same sex attraction.Doing so will eliminate the scandal caused by predatory homosexuals(chicken hawks to use the vernacular) who victimize pubescent and post-pubescent boys and the scandal of disobedient priests like this one.Another sad human being deifying sex.I feel sorry for those priests who suffer from this affliction yet remain true to Christ and His Church.:mad:

Please read the full article.

This printable article is taken from www.calcatholic.com

Published: October 14, 2008
“Suspended as a priest and removed as pastor”

Fresno bishop takes action against defiant priest

Bishop John Steinbock has removed a priest who told parishioners to vote against Proposition 8 and confessed on a television newscast to being a homosexual from his post as pastor of the St. Paul Newman Center in Fresno.

The bishop also took away Fr. Geoffrey Farrow’s diocesan salary and health benefits, and told him not to return to the Newman Center or any other parish in the diocese he had served at previously.

The Los Angeles Times quoted Bishop Steinbock as saying in a letter to Fr. Farrow, “Your statement contradicted the teaching of the Catholic Church and has brought scandal to your parish community as well as the whole Church."

I fully support what this bishop did. This priest could cause incalculable harm to those who were entrusted to him to receive the true faith and could be the direct cause of the loss of souls. That said, he is in dire need of prayer. Please keep him in your prayers that the Holy Spirit may lead him back to the truth as his own immortal soul is in jeopardy.
Prayers & blessings
Deacon Ed B

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.