Swashbucklers

Hello,

AARRGGHH MATEY!! What do ye think are the best swashbuckler movies out there?

all of the pirates of the caribbean movies are great.

ARRRR! - 1976 “Swashbuckler”, with Robert Shaw, James Earl Jones, Peter Boyle, and Beau Bridges. Good, good fun.
I give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

My favourites are (arrrgh?) the older ones - films like ‘Seahawk’ and ‘Captain Blood’ (with Aussie hunk Errol Flynn starring).

Although I suppose one could consider the Star Wars movies swashbucklers of a certain kind (and I do love the original trilogy - 4,5 and 6)

Hello,

Yeah! Those old ones - especially the black and whites - are the best! :thumbsup:

Captain Blood is the best! Also try The Crimson Pirate with Burt Lancaster. He was an acrobat in his youth and this movie shows off some spectacular stunts.

The Princess Bride.

The fencing match between Inigo and The Masked Man, even though tongue in cheek, was the best buckling of swashes that I’ve ever seen.

I liked the A&E specials with Horatio Hornblower and the old black & white film of the same name with Gregory Peck as the lead. Great tale and clever twists.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.