Swept off my feet!

LOL get your attention...OK Sorry that was bad of me.

Have you ever been swept off your feet by someone kindness....stories please??

[quote="Sierrah, post:1, topic:206057"]
LOL get your attention...OK Sorry that was bad of me.

Have you ever been swept off your feet by someone kindness....stories please??

[/quote]

Well, there's an easy defense for that. Keep your knees bent and stand slightly on the balls of your feet. :p

How about if you go first, Sierrah? What’s your story? :slight_smile:

I was once in Singapore airport and had lost my wallet, and was travelling on to Germany, in winter. I was very anxious, and it must have showed. An airport assistant, a complete stranger, lent me $180, without any surety, and at short notice.

There were a few but what comes to mind is I belong to a group that prays the Monastic Diurnal. This book costs at least $65.00 and there was no way I could afford it, then one day the group administrator emailed me saying somebody (who wanted to remain anonymous) wanted to give me a brand new one. After dealing with the guilt of accepting it (the administrator convinced me that this was meant to be and not to feel guilty), I accepted. It’s beautiful :slight_smile: and to this day I still don’t know the kind donor’s identity.

When I was in college I saw a person reading a magazine by himself in the cafeteria, which was packed with people. Another guy walked up from his table and invited the solitary dude reading the magazine to eat with them. It sounds stupid and melodramatic, but I get emotional whenever I think about it. College is so tough, and can be so lonely. I thought it was an incredibly sweet thing to do. I think it was a "kindred spirit" moment.

Another moment was when I was in Disney Land. A young guy who didn't speak English well was a little short of funds and wanted to buy a stuffed animal. Someone said to the clerk, (who was kind of rude, the clerk was having a bad day) "I got it, here you go." The customer smiled the biggest smile you'll ever see, said thanks, and got the stuffed animal.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.