Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease

Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neurologists over 25 deaths in America

A warning that the new swine flu jab is linked to a deadly nerve disease has been sent by the Government to senior neurologists in a confidential letter.

The letter from the Health Protection Agency, the official body that oversees public health, has been leaked to The Mail on Sunday, leading to demands to know why the information has not been given to the public before the vaccination of millions of people, including children, begins.

It tells the neurologists that they must be alert for an increase in a brain disorder called Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), which could be triggered by the vaccine.

GBS attacks the lining of the nerves, causing paralysis and inability to breathe, and can be fatal.

Nothing new here. There was a spike in the # of GBS cases back in 76-77 when the last mass vaccination against swine flu occurred and there have been cases of GBS linked to other flu vaccines through the years although those numbers appear to decline between 1990 & 2003.

jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/292/20/2478

cdc.gov/FLU/about/qa/gbs.htm

Everyone who receives any vaccine should be administered it with full consent and knowledge of side effects. This one is a real possibility, but the risks do not outweigh the threat of the illness in my opinion.

Guillian-Barre is no joke. My girlfriend’s sister still has trouble walking after contracting it winter of 2007, shortly after getting the flu shot.

Seeing it up close and personal has been a big influence on me. I wouldn’t tell everyone not to get a flu shot, but people should know what the risks are. Paralysis is nothing to shrug off easily for me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.