Synod on the Family

Video: What is a Synod? The Basics
youtube.com/watch?v=e3kQeHnDHyc

More Information on the 2014-2015 Synods Of Bishops On The Family
usccb.org/issues-and-action/marriage-and-family/2014-2015-synods-of-bishops-on-the-family.cfm

Synod on Family: Midterm report presented, 2015 Synod announced
en.radiovaticana.va/news/2014/10/13/synod_on_family_midterm_report_presented,_2015_synod_announ/1108442

Preliminary document released Monday Oct 13, 2014. [02 - Part III updated 16/10/2014] This is a working document that is expected to change this week:
press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/en/bollettino/pubblico/2014/10/13/0751/03037.html

CNS website on the synod
synodonfamily.wordpress.com/

A key synod official has discussed the references to homosexuality in the synod’s “post-discussion report” (relatio post disceptationem).Asked at a Vatican press conference to comment …

More…

Press Conference on the works of the synod 2014.10.13
In a number of different languages, fast forward to Questions and Answers in English
youtube.com/watch?v=DHC1_hJ5xWM&list=UU7E-LYc1wivk33iyt5bR5zQ

Synodal fathers meet the Press 2014.10.14
In a number of different languages

The answer to the question at 35:23 from John Allen of the Boston Globe and the answer to the questions at 51:36, 1:03:13, 1:06:33 and 1:10:32 will probably be of interest to some at CAF:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qub7H5Z3Bzo&feature=youtu.be

Synodal fathers meet the press 2014.10.15
youtube.com/watch?v=10AOiXjFOtE

Synodal fathers meet the press 2014.10.16
youtube.com/watch?v=EMEaz2fRo0o

Synodal fathers meet the press 2014.10.17
youtube.com/watch?v=vhdapMWLXFI

Presentation of the Final Message of the Synod on the Family 2014.10.18
youtube.com/watch?v=Yl2uboN8J8Y

**Briefing on the conclusions of the Synod on the Family 2014.10.18 **Starts at 7:00 pm - The press officers of the Synod illustrate the conclusions of the discussions and the results of the vote on the final report of the Extraordinary Synod on the Family
youtube.com/watch?v=PjtIxVFoQHs

October 19 - Holy Mass for the conclusion of the Synod and Beatification of Pope Paul VI.
youtube.com/watch?v=0F_srHsTi4g

How an incorrect translation of the synod report created chaos

catholicnewsagency.com/news/how-an-incorrect-translation-of-the-synod-report-created-chaos-24767/

Video report: Synod’s Midterm Report: Modifications have been made to the wording of document (report in English)
youtube.com/watch?v=EaTTuE2l6xQ&list=UUxshhzR907v2w6DjICyAgLQ

Official comments by Synod Fathers’ on mid-term report… press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/it/bollettino/pubblico/2014/10/16/0763/03042.html

These are reports from each of the 10 working groups that were sent to the Synod secretary for incorporation into the final document.

Again, these are working documents. Note that they are not translated.

These are in English

Relatio - Circulus Anglicus “A”

Relatio - Circulus Anglicus “B”

Relatio - Circulus Anglicus “C”

Synod14 - “Relatio Synodi” of the Third Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops: “The pastoral challenges on the family in the context of evangelization” (5 to 19 October 2014), 10/18/2014

In the original Italian followed by the votes for each section is here:
press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/en/bollettino/pubblico/2014/10/18/0770/03044.html

Published on Oct 19, 2014
Archbishop Joseph E. Kurtz [Kurtz also currently serves as the President of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, a position to which he was elected on November 12, 2013.] reflects on the conclusion of the synod on the family.

Video: youtube.com/watch?v=OXk2RrC0H-A&feature=youtu.be

His blog entry:

Looking back on this Extraordinary Synod, I was very inspired by the Holy Father’s heart of compassion and desire to walk with people. I am reminded of Christ who looked on the crowds of people and “his heart was moved with pity for them.”

As I take my first breath at the end of two blessed weeks of work, I see three movements that converge as the gift of this extraordinary synod:

The pastoral urgency to restore confidence and give hope to men and women who seek to be faithful witnesses to their sacramental marriages and their families.

The urgency to accompany those who struggle in this world, meeting them where they are and walking with them more deeply into the light of Christ.

The continued witness to the beauty of the authentic timeless teaching of Jesus, conveyed through the centuries by the Church and the call of Jesus to true joy and deeper conversion.

I am grateful that the clarifications and deepening of Scriptural and theological reflection shine consistently through the synod relatio.

Now the real work begins! With a path lit by the grace and teachings of Jesus in and through His Church, we now embrace the pastoral call of Pope Francis, dedicating ourselves to the vocation and mission of the family in the Church and in the contemporary world. Please join me in praying as we begin our pilgrimage together toward the General Synod next October.

Synod14 - “Relatio Synodi” of the Third Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops: “The pastoral challenges on the family in the context of evangelization”

In English followed by the votes for each section is here:

press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/en/bollettino/pubblico/2014/10/18/0770/03044.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.