Syria conflict: Russia air strikes 'killed 200 civilians'

At least 200 civilians have been killed in Russian air strikes in Syria, an Amnesty International report says, quoting witnesses and activists.

It says it “researched remotely” more than 25 Russian attacks in five areas between 30 September and 29 November.

The findings indicate “serious failures [by Russia] to respect international humanitarian law”, Amnesty says.

Moscow has repeatedly denied causing civilian deaths, describing such claims as part of “information warfare”.

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35162523

so, who do we believe?

Rules of engagement for Russia are likely not the same as those instituted with Obama administration, where lawyers make the call.

Bombing is not an indiscriminate way of waging war, but it is all that is being done to deter ISIS.

I stopped believing what the activists said about every war since Vietnam.

It sounds funny, but that’s how it works with the U.S. military. Every package from the targeting cell must be vetted by a JAG. Since when does a staff officer know anything about Sun Tsu, waging, and winning war? The answer is more of a CYA than anything else.

I am sure the Russian and Chinese are laughing at us.

Considering the steady stream of lies and distortions forever pouring forth from Western media outlets, this is very likely more of the same. This war began when the West provided Sarin gas to it’s deliberate creation, ISIS, and since that time Assad has been portrayed in precisely the same way as Hussein and Qadaffy before him, and for precisely the reasons. So the West, led by the United States of course, is engaged is treacherously battling democracy and “regime” change, a’la Greece, Iran, Italy, Vietnam, Guatemala, Hungary, Congo, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Laos, Haiti, Brazil, Indonesia, Cambodia, Bolivia, Uruguay, Chile, Angola, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Afghanistan, Honduras, Panama and others. The treachery is constant and without end. Russia’s well publicized practice of providing the United States with detailed flight paths to be taken and precise coordinates of ISIS locations to be destroyed led to the U.S. giving this information to Turkey, for the sole purpose of ambushing Russian jets and murdering their pilots. Deceit writ large, and for the sole purpose of trying to start World War Three.

And here on the homefront, the situation is somewhat reminiscent of the American Revolutionary War, in the sense that, just as only a tiny fraction of Americans fought the British, now only a tiny, tiny minority are speaking the truth, while the rest are passively and obediently regurgitating imperial propaganda and idiocy. The Sons and Daughters of the American Revolution are labelled as “un-American” by people who have no understanding or regard for what America used to be. Of those Sons and Daughters who are speaking the truth, that is. I feel it’s pointless to go back and forth on these anti-Russia threads - people either have the ability to perceive the world as it really is, or they don’t.

The fact Amnesty International is mentioned, makes the story non and void IMO.

A completely fraudulent organisation obtaining money through fundraising, for ‘humanitarian’ reasons, yet they back and ‘promote’ abortion to the hilt - especially in the island of Ireland!

AI has funded and actively promoted abortion as being against women’s humanitarian rights, in Ireland, for years and more recently in Northern Ireland also. It has spent millions of dollars, and are the most visible and proactive group in all of Ireland doing this - it is possibly the only pro-abortion group.

They have also produced several pro-abortion videos, that are anti-Irish with Liam Neeson being the narrator for the one below, Fortunately, this video received extremely bad press, with many more dislikes than likes - as they had the stupidity to assume the video would receive more likes and prove ‘their’ point. :mad:

youtube.com/watch?v=j9W33wCm7Ao

thelifeinstitute.net/blog/2015/11/09/why-amnestys-pro-abortion-video-with-liam-neeson-got-such-a-massive-thumbs-down-from-the-public/

Ireland’s near-total abortion ban criminalizes women for seeking the healthcare they need.
amnesty.ie/sheisnotacriminal

Hence, for an organisation to make judgement or report on any humanitarian issues, when it actively funds and supports killing civilians every second - is farcical.

I hadn’t seen that, but what a rotten television commercial. I’ve lost all respect for Liam Neeson, which is a shame, because he always seemed kind of likeable to me before hearing him on this.

George Soros funds Amnesty International, by the way, which explains an awful lot.

I hadn’t seen that, but what a rotten television commercial. I’ve lost all respect for Liam Neeson, which is a shame, because he always seemed kind of likeable to me before hearing him on this.

George Soros funds Amnesty International, by the way, which explains an awful lot.

George Soros funds it!!! I don’t trust anything connected to him!

300 civilian victims among more than 4100 people killed by US-led coalition warplanes during 15 months of their airstrikes
syriahr.com/en/?p=41059

So, does this mean 4100-300=3900 bad guys killed?

See, Russia has been in this conflict for a shorter time but anyway, just posting.

SHRO seems to be where the news agencies get a lot of their figures or from SHRO and other human rights and watch dog agencies.

I believe AI has been around for decades before I’d just assume GS funds it, I think a lot of people do, they are a charitable organization (though as another poster has pointed out, they’ve dropped the ball on the life and reproductive issues). Those issues need to be discussed, I know of another organization, IRIN, that pushes these reproductive matters as a human right.

Amnesty International was founded in London in 1961, following the publication of the article “The Forgotten Prisoners” in The Observer 28 May 1961,[4] by the lawyer Peter Benenson. Amnesty draws attention to human rights abuses and campaigns for compliance with international laws and standards. It works to mobilise public opinion to put pressure on governments that let abuse take place.[3] The organisation was awarded the 1977 Nobel Peace Prize for its “campaign against torture,”[5] and the United Nations Prize in the Field of Human Rights in 1978.[6]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesty_International

Plenty of reporting on these as war crimes, check out the Chechen war or even Afghanistan, a tremendously high death toll that one can even call genocide.

Russia, Syria and Hezbollah are not really fighting ISIS that much but those who threaten their power, Assad cooperated with Jihadists when the US was in Iraq.

It is quite amazing to read, isn’t, that even Assad has been one of the customers for ISIS oil!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.