Syrian Kurds warn of mounting crisis as ISIS advances, takes more villages [IS Takes 60 Villages]

Istanbul (CNN) – The latest ISIS advance in Syria has brought a swath of the country’s north-central Kurdish region under siege, with Kurdish leaders warning of another humanitarian crisis without international intervention.

The Syrian Kurdish town of Kobani (Ayn al-Arab in Arabic) is an island, surrounded by ISIS on three fronts and the Turkish border to the north.

The town was already mostly blockaded by ISIS, but in the past three days some 60 nearby villages fell under ISIS control, according to the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or “Islamic State,” as the group calls itself, took 39 villages on Friday alone as Kurdish forces withdrew from their positions, the Observatory said.

cnn.com/2014/09/19/world/meast/isis-threat/

And the Shia Post has said that Turkey has stopped 3000 Kurds fleeing Isis from entering there country en.shiapost.com/2014/09/19/turkey-stops-3000-kurds-from-escaping-isil-terrorist-attacks/

Finally: Turkey opens southern border for thousands of Syrian Kurds fleeing IS militants bbc.in/1uiOs8p

I think Turkey needs to toughen up, bc if they are not careful ISIS will get in their country.

I’m not so sure the Turkish government doesn’t LIKE the idea of ISIS killing off many, many Kurds. It’s an ugly world over there.

I thought I just read that Turkey had opened its doors to the leaders of Muslim Brotherhood kicked out of Egypt.

What does Muslim Brotherhood think of ISIS?

I thought the Kurds were ready to take on ISIS?

It would seem that the war against ISIS is not doing much good since ISIS has taken over 60 more villages! :mad:

To my knowledge, this story has not been confirmed and has only been reported in Turkish, but a member of Turkey’s parliament. Muhammed Cetin has said that Isis have executed at least 300 Kurds inside Turkey in a town called Akcakale.

We need to pray for the Kurds.

On the surface that might be true, but with ISIS is one of those that you must be careful what you ask for. I don’t think ISIS would cause stability.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.