Syrian military says it downed Turkish fighter jet

bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18561219

Apparently they violated Syrian air space and paid the price. Hope it serves as a warning to others to stay out of Syria.

Pray that this will not escalate into war.

Right.

Well, Syria is already in a civil war. It wouldn’t be surprising if it spiller over into Turkey.

Turkey has its own warzones to deal with in the Kurdish areas.

What is Syria’s army compared to NATO’s might? About as much as Libya’s or Iraq’s were - painfully out-manned.

Hopefully the trickle of defections will become a flood, now that their military has been warned of possible war crimes charges when the regime falls…

Syria still has backup that Libya never had. Russia, Iran, Hezbollah and maybe even China.

Hope that Turkey doesn’t take this as what is it…an Act of Aggression

I see the rebirth of the Ottoman Empire. Alhamdulillah! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hezbollah, too? Hmm, an international coalition of terrorist and an aspiring terrorist nations promising “the mother of all” anti-climaxes. I can already see NATO ‘cowering in abject terror’ until Assad is pulled from a dirty rabbit hole in the middle of nowhere…Wait, haven’t we seen that movie a couple times before? :rolleyes:

Hopefully. Then the Islamists can kill all the Christians without fear of reprisals.

With all the success the Syrian military has had lately - the “Turkish Fighter Jet” it “downed” is probably a new cocktail.

I hear they’re quite good at shelling cities full of non-combatants. Although, that doesn’t exactly take a lot of skill.

That whole situation makes me sick. Talk about social injustice! And yet I don’t expect that American Social Justice "leaders’ have this bloodletting on their radar. We DO hear about it in the mainstream media - but not with the “ain’t it awful” tone given to some stories.

I truly wish deliverance for the poor Syrian people – and justice for regimes that sponsor terrorism, proxy wars, and never ending violence.

Revelation 6:9 When he broke open the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered because of the witness they bore to the word of God. 10 They cried out in a loud voice, “How long will it be, holy and true master, before you sit in judgment and avenge our blood on the inhabitants of the earth?” 11 Each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to be patient a little while longer until the number was filled of their fellow servants and brothers who were going to be killed as they had been.

Love is patient … etc. < I must remember, must remember … DARN it!

Even with Vatican news agencies, along with Catholic and Orthodox bishops in Syria admitting that the Free Syrian Army is targeting Christians aina.org/news/20120615125537.htm it sadly appears that a number of Catholics in America would prefer to get there news from Hillary Clinton and the US Department instead.

If the US were not so burned out from the military adventurism of the Iraq war, we might be more eager to intervene. The poor planning which resulted in our moral defeat in the eyes of many does not inspire confidence in our leaders. Who would want to repeat the fiasco of Operation Iraqi Freedom?

And the Syrian army also has blood on it’s hands.

Both sides have committed atrocities.

And of course this targeting of Christians is simply because they belong to Christ - it wouldn’t have anything at all to do with their association with a terror-peddling dictator. :rolleyes:

Tell you what, Catholics in America (and I presume in most places) would simply like to get their news from the regular free press, complete with live coverage where feasible. Sorry, but we’re spoiled that way…

Nobody should be free to kill anybody. “Thou shalt not kill” does not discriminate based on the religion of murder victims.

Yeah, how much testosterone does it take to ‘defend yourself’ against threatening toddlers?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.