T.D. Jakes Comes Out for ‘Gay Marriage’ and ‘LGBT Churches,’ Says Position is ‘Evolving’

Megachurch leader and author T.D. Jakes says that homosexuals should attend congregations that affirm their lifestyle, adding that his position on homosexuality is both “evolved and evolving.”

During an interview with the Huffington Post on Monday, Jakes was asked by a viewer if he believes that homosexuals and the black church can co-exist.

“Absolutely… I think it is going to be diverse from church to church. Every church has a different opinion on the issue and every gay person is different,” he replied. “And I think that to speak that the church—the black church, the white church or any kind of church you wanna call it—are all the same, is totally not true.”

Jakes said that he thinks homosexuals should find “gay-friendly” churches to attend that affirm the lifestyle.

christiannews.net/2015/08/07/t-d-jakes-comes-out-for-gay-marriage-and-lgbt-churches-says-position-is-evolving/

No great surprise.

I think the honest response should have been “We welcome all who will give money to the church.”:rolleyes:

I’m afraid God does not “evolve;” only the worldly heretical sects existing to make money and nothing more.

The prior two posts accurately summed it all up!
…Honorius & ServusHumilis said it right.

Yep, money trumps Gospel preaching and teaching for these wolves. Well, there are certainly many “homosexual affirming” congregations for them to choose from these days.

Another day, another person bowing the knee to the Golden Calf of our society. In the same way that money was the Golden Calf of Madyan, homosexuality is the idol of today, in my view. Jakes was undoubtedly feeling pressure to cave in, so he did.

Jakes has gone on television to repudiate and mock the Catholic doctrines on salvation and mortal sin. I am sure he is glad to take up yet another anti-Catholic position.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.