Talking to someone who left the faith

What’s a good thing to say to someone who has relatively recently left the faith and when asked why they no longer believe in God they simply respond with “I don’t know; I just don’t”? I’ve tried mentioning some of the confirmed miracles as well as some of Thomas Aquinas’ proofs but got the feeling that that wasn’t the way to go/didn’t get through at all

My guess is that they probably do know but just don’t want to say to avoid a discussion.

You did your best. Include them in your prayers. And also remember that none of our efforts are in vain if they are done to do God’s will and out of love.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.

I have NEVER been able to re-convert anyone back to the faith. The only remedy is prayer-- leave it up to GOD.

I am reminded of the prodigal son. Sometimes people need to see the other side of a life without faith before they come to their senses. Unceasing prayer is always beneficial.

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.