Tamiflu for children under one in USA?

I have read that in light of the swine flu pandemic, tamiflu is approved for children under one in Canada and Europe but not US. So what gives here?

msnbc.msn.com/id/33022856/ns/health-cold_and_flu/

china.org.cn/health/swineflu/2009-07/24/content_18197281.htm

newbornnewscorner.com/2009/11/tamiflu-approved-in-europe-for-babies.html

On October 16, 2009 the CDC posted recommendations and dosage of antiviral meds for children under 1 year yet US doctors are not prescribing antiviral meds for infants with swine flu.

cdc.gov/h1n1flu/recommendations.htm

This is beyond frustrating for parents with sick babies.

The use of this medicine is forbidden in some developed countries .

In Ukraine , these days some farmacy companies have made a fortune by selling this medicine , because the TV reclama has only commercial eyes , and does care about money.
The same you can say about the reason of the masses psychoses which have been taking place , the last two weeks in Ukraine.

The Last days I was a witnesser , of what the media can do with the people.
And what a power the media has for the human society.

Schools , Colleges , Universities , children gardens , markets , amusements places were closed , just because of the mass psychosis about the swines-flue.
The media did its job in two days ( the strange thing is that the last days before the day of mass psychoses and panic on the TV , you could not hear about the epidemy of swines flue )
The tourism , hotels and restaurants business has suffered a lot of damage.
The tourism industry has lost the millions of grivnas , the same you can say about another fields of activities.
All people , workers who work in the sphere of service are obliged to be in the mask , and can not take the mask off.
The masks are distributed on the streets and apotechs , and evry one should have it.

After these days , I started to think about , how the society can protect itself from disinformation ?
How the statements of the medical experts , can be examined by proper inspection of statistics and datas , that all this statistics and datas would be objective and real.
What is the reason for so big action.
Yes , we have the parlaments and presidents elections soon.
And the politicians represent the country at internetional level not in a good way at all.
Especially at the last decade of the rulership.

But , my question is , why in the neighbours Poland , which is at the border of danger zone of Ukrainian Lviv’s region , there was no panic and psychoses of the masses ?
Why in another neighbours countries which bordering with Ukraine , there is no so big panic ?
Even in Romania , where there were cases of the swines-flue , you could not witness this type of psychoses !
It seems that in Poland , there are more fears about the usual flue than the swines-flue .
At least this you can think after the sstatement of the minister of health care in Poland.

Of course the farmacy companies have made a fortune from selling the ‘‘tamiflu’’ , these days .
Actually the price went much higher than usual.

And again ,here is the question about the objectivity of information about this medicine.
What I think , why not consult with farmacy experts of Britain or Japan ? why not to examine more properly the effect of this medicine ?
May be for some people its acceptable but for others it will give a very negative effect.
If medicine is for the people , then the people should be more important than money.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.