TAQIYYA in Islam

Most fundamental Muslims consider the act of Taqiyya or lying to non-Muslims to be a good work.
Please visit: hauns.com/~DCQu4E5g/koran5.html

In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=selvaraj]Most fundamental Muslims consider the act of Taqiyya or lying to non-Muslims to be a good work.

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

I read the link. There were no references cited. I have heard this in the past but would reserve judgement until I see references in the Qur’an or Hadith.

[quote=selvaraj]Most fundamental Muslims consider the act of Taqiyya or lying to non-Muslims to be a good work.

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

only the shia allow this. their allowance of it isn’t restricted to non-muslims either, they use it even with other muslims who aren’t from their sect.

the article you link to is unjust in trying to portray that all muslims do this.

[quote=r.gonzales]only the shia allow this. their allowance of it isn’t restricted to non-muslims either, they use it even with other muslims who aren’t from their sect.

the article you link to is unjust in trying to portray that all muslims do this.
[/quote]

Hello Gonzales,
Often thought as peculiar to the Shi’a Muslims, taqiyya is acknowledged by Sunni Muslims as well.
free-definition.com/Taqiyya.html

In Christ,
selvaraj

Selvaraj, good point.

Well then whats the point. You believe that everything I say to you is a lie why be here? Nothing anyboby says will change your mind. You already have preconviced notices and from your post, it seems that nothing said could change your mind. So I repeat, whats the point?

wa salam

i stand corrected. did some checking and verified that at-taqiyyah is only permitted by the sunnis in instances where the muslim fears some sort of danger. the shia, however, don’t restrict their use of it to that.

islamicweb.com/beliefs/cults/shia_vs_sunni.htm#11

there is another book that discusses the differences between the sunnis and the shia written by ihsan ilahi zaheer. i’m not sure if it has been translated into english, but if you’re able to read arabic, you can find it here: sahab.org/books/book.php?id=519&query=

[quote=fatuma]Well then whats the point. You believe that everything I say to you is a lie why be here? Nothing anyboby says will change your mind. You already have preconviced notices and from your post, it seems that nothing said could change your mind. So I repeat, whats the point?

wa salam
[/quote]

Hello Fatuma,
Your religion allowed you to tell lies to Non-Muslims. Then how can we believe Muslims?

In Christ,
selvaraj

I have NEVER ever heard of this.

Thanks for bringing up fallcies as truth, please go visit the 10 things i love about muslims topic and feel the love.

And since were all liars please request the islam section of this forum be closed.

Peace upon all of you

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

“This means that a Muslim lying to a non-Muslim is that Muslim doing a good work to earn salvation.”

from your link.
This is a damn lie.

**“The root cause of hatred is ignorance”. **

[quote=selvaraj]Hello Fatuma,
Your religion allowed you to tell lies to Non-Muslims. Then how can we believe Muslims?

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

With due respect to every body.
Any reference in Islam or for Muslim is to be supported by Holy Qur’an and Hadith.
I didn’t find any reference there in the site.
So far I know, just to save live one can tale a lie.
As we are here for academic discussion , to exchange our views and ideas , we must show patience. That will help us to develop harmony and tranquility among us.
Did any one check the authenticity , genuineness, legitimacy, validity of the website, please?

shamsery dont get angry we need to clear up misconceptions.

Give him/her the benefit of the doubt and assume he/she didnt know better

although this is more of a reminder to myself…

Peace be upon all of you

read what i said in my post. the sunnis only allow at-taqiyyah in cases where there is some sort of danger feared. heck, even one of the shia links you provided says that we sunnis allow it in such cases. lying is forbidden in islam, except when there is a dire need to do so - such as when we are in danger or fear being harmed.

do we have anything to fear from you? are you going to harm us if we speak the truth?

You Muslims using Taqiyya to brain wash non-Muslims to accept your religion.
In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=selvaraj]You Muslims using Taqiyya to brain wash non-Muslims to accept your religion.
[/quote]

uhhhh… yeah, ok :rolleyes: . if you say so :thumbsup: .

I haven’t really read the whol taqqiy article. However I know for a fact that Muslims are not allowed to lie. If for example a Muslim is asked to give up his religion or be killed, he is allowed to say he disbelieves in Islam with his tongue in order to save his life. Muslims also follow the example of the Prophet peace be upon him and he never lied to non-Muslims in order to bring them to Islam. He once asked a tribe to accept Islam and they said “If you pass away will we be the leaders after you?” He replied that God will give the leadership to whomever He wills. If it was allowed to lie to non-Muslims in order to bring them to Islam the Prophet peace be upon him would have done so.

I haven’t really read the whol taqqiya article. However I know for a fact that Muslims are not allowed to lie. If for example a Muslim is asked to give up his religion or be killed, he is allowed to say he disbelieves in Islam with his tongue in order to save his life. Muslims also follow the example of the Prophet peace be upon him and he never lied to non-Muslims in order to bring them to Islam. He once asked a tribe to accept Islam and they said “If you pass away will we be the leaders after you?” He replied that God will give the leadership to whomever He wills. If it was allowed to lie to non-Muslims in order to bring them to Islam the Prophet peace be upon him would have done so.

[quote=Emad]I haven’t really read the whol taqqiya article. However I know for a fact that Muslims are not allowed to lie. If for example a Muslim is asked to give up his religion or be killed, he is allowed to say he disbelieves in Islam with his tongue in order to save his life. Muslims also follow the example of the Prophet peace be upon him and he never lied to non-Muslims in order to bring them to Islam. He once asked a tribe to accept Islam and they said “If you pass away will we be the leaders after you?” He replied that God will give the leadership to whomever He wills. If it was allowed to lie to non-Muslims in order to bring them to Islam the Prophet peace be upon him would have done so.
[/quote]

Read it, please

Hello everyone. I have read the article and it is really all non-sense. We have nothing to lie about our religion. In Islam we don’t accept anything without proof from the Quran or sayings of the Prophet peace be upon him. The Prophet peace be upon him said “The characteristic of a hypocrite are three 1) If he speaks he lies 2) If he is trusted he breaks his trust 3) If he promises he breaks his promise.” This clearly shows that a believer can’t lie. If anyone can show me a verse or saying of the Prophet peace be upon him that says Muslims can lie to non-Muslims about their religion please do so. This article is very misleading and anyone with half a brain will realize the author is misinforming people about Islam.

[quote=Emad]Hello everyone. I have read the article and it is really all non-sense. We have nothing to lie about our religion. In Islam we don’t accept anything without proof from the Quran or sayings of the Prophet peace be upon him. The Prophet peace be upon him said “The characteristic of a hypocrite are three 1) If he speaks he lies 2) If he is trusted he breaks his trust 3) If he promises he breaks his promise.” This clearly shows that a believer can’t lie. If anyone can show me a verse or saying of the Prophet peace be upon him that says Muslims can lie to non-Muslims about their religion please do so. This article is very misleading and anyone with half a brain will realize the author is misinforming people about Islam.
[/quote]

take it from the shia to put their twisted slant on things. as you said the muslim is required to speak the truth whether it be for him or against him, however, just as the article stated, there is an allowance for at-taqiyyah and it’s basically what you mentioned in your first post to this thread, if there is a danger he fears of - whether it be fear for his life or fear for harm that may come to the muslims (i.e., if he is being inerogated by an enemy army for the whereabouts of his muslim brothers or something similar). check the tafseer for v.3:28.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.