Taxpayers’ dollars used to clean up ‘trucker bombs’

What's the world comin' to!:p

"It's really gross, here's another one." That's what Cesar Meras says to me when he finds yet another bottle filled with urine that's been tossed out of a window by a passing motorist, possibly a truck driver.

They are called "trucker bombs" and the problem isn't new, but over the last couple of years it's gotten worse.

Meras and a crew from the Department of Ecology's Northwest Region pick up garbage just off I-90 near North Bend. Their boss, Peter Christiansen, tells me this has been a problem for as long as Ecology has been picking up garbage -- about 40 years. Christiansen says they learned right where to look, an area like the first westbound exit after Snoqualmie Pass. In talking about truckers, he says, ”They'll roll through, dump their pee bottle or whatever else they want to dump and move on."

kirotv.com/news/news/tax-payers-dollars-used-clean-trucker-bombs/nbtSK/

:rotfl:

I feel somewhat guilty for finding this hilarious. :smiley:

Someone’s got to do it, and collecting the garbage is usually left to the government to manage.

I notice it’s either prisoner work crews here, or volunteer groups. Apparently there are other entities as mentioned in the article.

Me being a nurse, I don’t find ‘pee bottles’ particularly gross :o

[quote="dshix, post:2, topic:345391"]

I feel somewhat guilty for finding this hilarious. :D

[/quote]

Hilarious? How about disgusting! :mad: Is it that much trouble for the driver to truck that nasty bottle along to the next rest stop? Leave it for someone else to clean up?? Like wild animals marking their territory along the road.

They should take it to a rest stop and put it in a garbage can like a respectable adult. Littering is disgusting without the bodily fluids.

[quote="christofirst, post:5, topic:345391"]
Like wild animals marking their territory along the road.

[/quote]

Ok, don't get me wrong. I absolutely agree that it is disgusting and civilized for these truck drivers to do this. It should be made illegal (if it isn't already) because it costs taxpayer dollars to clean up.

However, none of that eliminates the fact that this can be considered quite funny. :p

Respectable adults don’t pee in bottles! :smiley:

Funny I suppose, but I guess it just dredges up bad memories for me. The first is when my dad had a catheter during his time with prostate cancer, and I would empty his urine bag. And I emptied it in the toilet, not along the highway!

The second was during my glamorous days as a construction worker. My apprentice and I were on an abandoned jobsite after demolition. The demo crew had graciously left a 5 gallon bucket filled with urine for us to find. Nearly turned my stomach. I’ll never forget my apprentice, a former Marine. Seeing my distress, he grabbed that nasty, sloshing bucket and carried it away to the working restroom. He was my hero!

[quote="dshix, post:7, topic:345391"]

Ok, don't get me wrong. I absolutely agree that it is disgusting and civilized for these truck drivers to do this. It should be made illegal (if it isn't already) because it costs taxpayer dollars to clean up.

However, none of that eliminates the fact that this can be considered quite funny. :p

[/quote]

Oops, slight correction needed. "Uncivilized" not "civilized." lol. :D

[quote="Country_Gal, post:1, topic:345391"]
What's the world comin' to!:p

kirotv.com/news/news/tax-payers-dollars-used-clean-trucker-bombs/nbtSK/

[/quote]

So why are they doing it? From a clueless American.

Linus2nd

[quote="Linusthe2nd, post:11, topic:345391"]
So why are they doing it? From a clueless American.

Linus2nd

[/quote]

So they don't have to stop.

[quote="Country_Gal, post:8, topic:345391"]
Respectable adults don't pee in bottles! :D

[/quote]

Believe it or not there are situations in which respectable adults do pee in bottles. Most that come to my mind involve law enforcement or the military.

[quote="Dawnia, post:12, topic:345391"]
So they don't have to stop.

[/quote]

That is not an excuse. It takes how long to stop at a rest stop and be back on the road, maybe 10 minutes at the most...they dont have that much time? LOL

If I ever see someone doing this I would definitely get their plate number and call it in, that is disgusting and like mentioned above, no respectable adult would be pissing in a bottle and simply throwing it on the side of the road.

Well, and if they must, it makes sense to take it to the next rest stop and dump it into the latrine rather than on to the side of the road.

[quote="Country_Gal, post:8, topic:345391"]
Respectable adults don't pee in bottles! :D

[/quote]

Who said they were respectable?

[quote="Country_Gal, post:4, topic:345391"]
I notice it's either prisoner work crews here, or volunteer groups. Apparently there are other entities as mentioned in the article.

Me being a nurse, I don't find 'pee bottles' particularly gross :o

[/quote]

I understand garbage men get $20.00 an hour and all they can eat!:D

Of course I’ve seen people who smoke in their cars dump their full ashtrays in shopping center parking lots on the ground when they were near a trash can.:shrug:

[quote="mikekle, post:14, topic:345391"]
That is not an excuse. It takes how long to stop at a rest stop and be back on the road, maybe 10 minutes at the most...they dont have that much time? LOL

If I ever see someone doing this I would definitely get their plate number and call it in, that is disgusting and like mentioned above, no respectable adult would be pissing in a bottle and simply throwing it on the side of the road.

[/quote]

I never said I agree with it, but that's what I've been told by the truckers in my family. I can't post my reply to them because it would violate way too many rules. :D

Or how about the diaper out the window trick? or left in parking lots. :banghead:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.