TBN: Televangelists feuded over millions, motor home for dogs

The Trinity Broadcasting Network, the Orange County-based televangelist ministry that bills itself as the world’s largest Christian network, is embroiled in a legal battle involving allegations of massive financial fraud and lavish spending, including the purchase of a $100,000 motor home for family dogs.

Brittany Koper, a former high-ranking TBN official and the granddaughter of its co-founder, Paul Crouch Sr., was fired by the network in September after discovering “illegal financial schemes” amounting to tens of millions of dollars, according to a lawsuit filed last month in Orange County Superior Court.

More…

latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/03/tbn-televangelists-fued-over-millions-motor-home-for-dogs.html

What shocking news! not

“The lawsuit alleges that Paul Crouch Sr. obtained a $50-million Global Express luxury jet for his personal use through a “sham loan,” and that TBN funds paid for a $100,000 motor home for dogs owned by his wife, Janice Crouch, a network director.” – LA Times, 3/23/12

It’s fake religious shenanigans like this that make all Christians look bad in the eyes of the not-yet-saved.

[quote="Stilldreamn, post:2, topic:278849"]
It's fake religious shenanigans like this that make all Christians look bad in the eyes of the not-yet-saved.

[/quote]

Quite right. I don't think there's any question as to the danger these folks pose. That their self-deception affects so many other minds is a grave injustice.

Unfortunately, this a great danger of entire "versions" of our faith being permitted to be built upon one person's charisma. Once the potential for orthodoxy is thrown out, historical context is ignored, and everything left up to the interpretation of one person who has a "gift" from God, what else could follow but error and a whole host of disorders.

....and its his granddaughter making the allegations.:cool:
The Waltons on acid.
:cool:

[quote="JustaServant, post:1, topic:278849"]
More.....

latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/03/tbn-televangelists-fued-over-millions-motor-home-for-dogs.html

[/quote]

This is shocking...shocking...shocking..However at the end of the article I see that I might consider looking at what they have to offer. I could use a few bucks, perhaps, just perhaps looking at the massive amounts of money they have acquired...forget the homosexual encounters and the dogs running around in buses....

Network preachers have been aggressive advocates of the “prosperity gospel,” the belief that God will bestow financial rewards on donors who give generously.

Nahhhh I will just stay with the OHCAC.:)

Considering Martin Luther managed to come up with a mere 95 theses 500 years ago (and mostly concerning three topics - penance/purgatory/indulgences), can you imagine what his list would look like if applied to all the protestant denominations (and non-denominations!) of today?

It gets better:

“Observers have often wondered how the Crouches can afford multiple mansions on both coasts, a $50 million jet and chauffeurs,” said Koper’s attorney, Tymothy MacLeod to the Orange County Register who broke the story of Koper’s lawsuit on February 9, 2012. That same day, Paul Crouch Sr. and his younger son Matthew Crouch made veiled threats at anyone who would try to come against TBN.

“There have been a few attempts in the TBN history to upset TBN, to stop TBN,” said Matt Crouch to his father on Behind the Scenes. “You know, there have been a few fools in the 39-year history…and you know what – any attempt at stopping TBN — they have no idea who they’re actually pushing into the corner. You and mom get pushed in a corner – God help you. That’s a lesson I’ve learned from you, seriously.”

“God help anyone who would try to get in the way of TBN, which was God’s plan,” Paul Crouch responded. “I have attended the funeral of at least two people who tried.”

wheresgodinallofthis.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/0490sva-grandaughter-exposes-corruption-at-tbn/

Crouch doesn't look like Marlon Brando.:rolleyes:

This really doesn't surprise me at all. I mean, the vast majority of, if not all of, their preachers preach the whole "prosperity gospel" thing so they probably think that their lavish lifestyle is evidence of the fact that the "prosperity gospel" "works". I won't get into whether or not their doctrine is right here other than to mention that I honestly believe it is completely false but the main thing that concerns me with this new scandal is the fact that it is going to affect how people view Christianity in general. I wouldn't doubt it if there are people out there whose only experience of Christianity's teachings and such is from TBN.

Doesn't surpize me at all either.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.