Tea Party Candidate on Welfare is against Welfare

idahostatesman.com/2013/10/17/2819743/idaho-tea-party-candidate-criticized.html

That proved true. On Wednesday, the gossipy website Gawker ran a story titled, “Tea Party Republican defends being on Medicaid While Opposing Medicaid.”

Read more here: idahostatesman.com/2013/10/17/2819743/idaho-tea-party-candidate-criticized.html#storylink=cpy

This truly is unbelievable. :eek:

This poor guy is against just about everything,

"I am against national parks, but I visit them; I am against driver’s licenses, vehicle registration, license plates, and mandated liability insurance, but I comply with all of them to drive.

"I am against USDA inspections, but I still use products that carry their label

idahostatesman.com/2013/10/17/2819743/idaho-tea-party-candidate-criticized.html##storylink=cpy

A politician is a politician is a politician.

Why on earth would someone be against driver’s licenses??? :shrug::confused::eek:

Quod est demonstrandum.

Haha, he’s like Ron Swanson on Parks and Recreation (a government employee who is against government).

I am very much unimpressed with this guy’s argument as a whole.

However, since he’s self-employed, it’s entirely possible that the only health insurance option available for his children when Obamacare fully kicks in is Medicaid. Depending on his income, Obamacare could actually force that choice come January 1.

So, while, again, I can’t favor a man who is against national parks but uses them all the same, for instance, I think the irony here is tremendous. In a way, he’s a “poster child” for Obamacare.

With 10 kids there is probably a decent chance. 150% poverty guideline for a family of 12 is about $83k a year. So it depends on how much he makes. I see nothing wrong with him using medicaid but his argument is pretty bad.

This is the reason why I think that people are to blame for whose in Washington. Since Bush got reelected I kept hearing where going to throw out everyone in Congress, that yr everyone got reelected. That happens constantly, or they get rid of a bad person and put a worse one in. When as a society we learn to actually make smart decisions, and not bc they have a D or an R in front of their name, this country will actually succeed.

Ron Swanson is the greatest! So earnest.

I think you got that wrong. He is the Poster Child for Tea Party hypocrisy. He does nothing but reinforce the position of those who say that the Tea Party are a bunch of hypocritical, self-serving, right wing nuts without any integrity. He’s a nightmare for the Right.

Yeah, because one guy is representative of the entire Tea Party. Generalize sweepingly much?

So tell me what views of the Tea Party do you find extremist?

I used to have a radio show and I would get people calling in complaining about the Bush tax cuts. I would always offer to do their tax returns for free if they would allow me to do the return based on the rates before the cuts. Never had any takers. So do you believe that people who opposed the cuts but used them when doing their tax returns were hypocrites?

Maybe others as well? After all, they don’t have the reputation of being a “Government keep your hands off my Medicare” for nothing.

Yale Law professor Dan M. Kahan was conducting an analysis of the scientific comprehension of various political groups when he ran into a shocking discovery: tea party supporters are slightly more scientifically literate than the non-tea party population.

Professor Kahan :
I’ve got to confess, though, I found this result surprising. As I pushed the button to run the analysis on my computer, I fully expected I’d be shown a modest negative correlation between identifying with the Tea Party and science comprehension.
But then again, I don’t know a single person who identifies with the Tea Party. All my impressions come from watching cable tv — & I don’t watch Fox News very often — and reading the “paper” (New York Times daily, plus a variety of politics-focused internet sites like Huffington Post & Politico).
I’m a little embarrassed, but mainly I’m just glad that I no longer hold this particular mistaken view.

ijreview.com/2013/10/87474-yale-professors-surprising-discovery-tea-party-supporters-scientifically-literate/

C’mon Bob. Call it hypocrisy if you want, but you know everyone wants everyone else to pay their taxes for them. Democrats and Republicans alike.

Great minds think alike. :thumbsup:

What would happen if we stopped all new enrollments in welfare and medicaid? Not kick out anyone who is already -]trapped /-]dependent on the system, but just take this option off the table for everyone else.

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.