Teacher suspended after offering to pray for student

A Christian home-visit teacher in the United Kingdom has been suspended by her company after she offered to pray for one of her sick students.

Olive Jones, 54, had given math lessons to a 14-year-old girl who suffers from leukemia at the student’s home. In November, Jones spoke about miraculous healings and offered to pray for the girl in the presence of her mother.

When the mother, Stephanie Lynch, said that the family were non-religious, Jones said she dropped the issue. Jones thought she left that day on good terms with the family, but hours later her company, Oak Hill Short Stay School and Tuition Service, called her and told her that the mother had filed a formal complaint against her.

Her employer told her that her offer of prayer could be seen as “bullying”.

Read more: christiantoday.com/article/teacher.suspended.after.offering.to.pray.for.student/25021.htm

Even when I was non-religious, I never viewed prayer as a form of bullying. It is amazing what lengths people will go to these days. (By amazing I mean, of course, incredibly sad).

If the teacher is moslem what will happen???

You’ve already started a thread on this topic. If it’s an update then you should have reported it on that thread.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.