Teachers will come into the church and deceive many

this post was taken from a thread on how tradition can be wrong:

justasking4, you seem to believe that Catholic Teaching proceeds from “falste teachers” that have come into the Church and “deceived many”. I am curious about you purpose here on Catholic Answers. Is it your intention to pursuade Catholics that we have been deceived? You seem to believe that, if we measure the Teachings of the Church against the Scriptures, that it will be clear that the Catholic Church teaches errors.

Um,** isn’t polterizing Catholic against forum rules**? All that I see from justasking4 is polterizing Catholics away from the faith. This is completely against Forum Rules.

Only if the polterization of Catholics seems to be getting traction. Otherwise, no polterite could post any objection to Catholicism, because it would be strictly interpreted as polterization.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucharistic_miracle

Changes did happen you see? Miracles did happen you see? What will you do now?

JA4 assures us that if the bread and wine does actually change into the body and blood of Christ we should be able to detect the transformation. Does he give a reason why we should detect it? Obviously he is unfamiliar with the doctrine of transubstantiation. Forgive me if I sound uncharitable, but it sounds like something Archie Bunker would say to his Catholic neighbours the Lorenzos. :wink:

A Joyous and Blessed Christmas to all (each and everyone without exception) !

Pax vobiscum
Good Fella :cool:

Perhaps justasking4 (a fight) was trying to stir up trouble. :shrug:

Regarding False teachers. I had a thread on this subject. Here is an outline from it . . .

1st Beast:
World Ruling System vs. God

2nd Beast:
False Prophet vs. Jesus

3rd Beast:
Babylon vs. Church

Forum link: The 3 Beast of Rev. 13

Originally Posted by **justasking4**                     [forums.catholic.com/images/buttons_cag/viewpost.gif]("http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=3118942#post3118942")                 
             * The Scriptures are clear that **false teachers will come into the church ***and deceive many. That has happened in the catholic church.

Where does it say that? That false teachers will actually enter into the church. Because that would appear to conflict with what scripture also says about the gates of hell NOT overcoming the church.

His posts has been indirectly polterizing… I don’t think the forum allows this kind of conduct.

What is he doing?

polterite? polterizing?

[RIGHT]What does that mean in simple terms?
[/RIGHT]

Read his posts in # 1. Polterizing is discouraging Catholics by words, actions, and to doubt their Catholic faith. I’m sure there are Catholics who are lurking here who is weak in their faith maybe persuaded by his questions

Thanks for explaining that.

However, knowing that our faith is true, I think that we should be able to stand up to and rebuke ANY challenge to the faith. If we can’t, then those who are weak in the faith will have reason to doubt.

The lesser-used spelling of polterizing is proselytizing.:slight_smile: A polterite is sometimes called a en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proselyte

True. I do think the person in question just read blindly because he doesn’t listen to the writings which we have refuted.

He’s not here to listen or learn, he is here to show Catholics how wrong we are in our beliefs. And, with almost 2000 posts since joining a year ago, he is persistent, like a mosquito - land, bite and buzz off.

Catholics are required to disbelieve any other Catholic–bishops included–that teach heresy.

The Pope is the only Catholic protected from teaching heresy by the charism of infallability granted by the Holy Spirit.

Take the Arain heresy for example–just because maybe 3/4 of the world’s bishop believe in and taught that heresy does not mean that the Catholic church taught history.

The Catholic Church united with the Pope in its teachings is never wrong.

Part of the catholic church–individual Catholics–even Catholic priests–and even Catholic bishops can sometimes be wrong.

Individual Catholic laymen are supposed to not believe them when they are wrong.

Irt is the hierarchy of the Catholic church’s job to discipline all those under its jurisdiction that are wrong.

Sometimes that may take awhile but even when it does the Fullness of Truth as taught by the Pope and the bishops united with him–that Truth never errs and never falls!

It is important for Catholics to read and study their faith throughout their lives.

This is a new word to me, so I had to look it up. I learned that it is one of the special abilities of one of the pokemon characters:

Ability: Polterization- 20% chance of foe catching Paralysis, Sleep, or Confusion on contact.

If ja4 thinks he is going to catch any Catholics on this forum paralyzed, sleeping, or confused I think he is polterizing in the wrong venue!

However, I do agree that his goal in posting here is to pursuade Catholics that we are being deceived by the Magesterium.

2 Peter 2:1-3
2:1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their licentiousness, and because of them the way of truth will be reviled. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words; from of old their condemnation has not been idle, and their destruction has not been asleep.

The fact that there have been heresies in no way negates that the gates of hell would not prevail. In fact, it is the false teachers (heresies) that have helped to purify the church, and to bring clarity to doctrinal teaching.

ja4 believes that scripture is the sole rule of faith, and when he compares his reading to what he thinks are Catholic practices, he does not see them line up, therefore assumes that Catholics have fallen into error.

Doesn’t look like JA4 has even responded at all.

All I will add to this thread at this time is something that I thought out and posted on my blog just recently which might give everyone a little something to consider.

Who REALLY Preaches “A Different Gospel”?

, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their licentiousness, and because of them the way of truth will be reviled. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words; from of old their condemnation has not been idle, and their destruction has not been asleep.

The fact that there have been heresies in no way negates that the gates of hell would not prevail. In fact, it is the false teachers (heresies) that have helped to purify the church, and to bring clarity to doctrinal teaching.

ja4 believes that scripture is the sole rule of faith, and when he compares his reading to what he thinks are Catholic practices, he does not see them line up, therefore assumes that Catholics have fallen into error.Exactly! It’s not that errant teachers don’t appear, (case in point the reformer’s errors) but that they are refuted and the Church does not depart from the faith of the apostles and the early church, which if one examines their teachings alongside the (unabridged) Bible and the ECF as well as the 2,000 years of teachings of the Church, is where one discovers that they did indeed depart.

We still get some squirrels roaming around teaching weird stuff…even today. (Look at the Dimond brothers and whatever anti-popes that are out there!) But notice that the Church is not shaken by them and consistently teaches what she has always taught.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.