Teaching Children about Jesus

Does anyone have good advice on how to start teaching 3 or 4 year olds about who Jesus is and about the Catholic faith? Are there any good Children Books or Video’s out there?

My son, who is 3 and half years old, comes to church with us and says grace but I don’t think he really knows what is happening or who Jesus is. I want to start changing that but want to know the best way about doing so.

Thank you in advanced.

Ignatius Press “Image of God” has a good pre-K course.

There are so many great books including Golden type books that are age appropriate for you to use. Also provide a child friendly, creche…that your child could play with, tell the story of how Jesus was born.
Now you can even purchase dolls…
nestentertainment.com/Jesus-Messenger-of-Faith-doll-P1436.aspx?gclid=CIHHlKPuyo4CFSBMGgodN17Nwg
or check out this wondeful website too.
catholicmom.com/catholic_kids.htm
Just to mention a couple ways to get started.
But the best way to teach them is by example. They are watching everything you do…you can teach them good habits as easily as the bad ones. So bring your children to church as a start and love your neighbors as you do yourselves. Your children are watching.

Also - get a Catholic Children’s Bible, and start reading every night before bed and prayers :slight_smile:

catholiccompany.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=525&src=google&AID=117&new=yes&gclid=CJ67iMegy44CFQ-1YgodkHbmwQ

I’ve liked the book Guiding your Catholic Preschooler…:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.