Tears after Eucharist

Tonight was my first time receiving the Eucharist in a while, and I cried. It was so bad, I couldn't even sing afterwards! :blush:

It was such an amazing experience. I feel whole again.
Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm planning on going to mass on Wednesday and our parish has adoration after too, so I'm looking forward to that too, and my 9 yr old will be coming with me. Do you have any suggestions for what we can talk about prior for her to get the most out of it?

:thumbsup:

My wife occasionally cries after receiving the eucharist. I don't; I have lost the ability to cry for some reason. I wish I could, but I can't. It is/would be a marvelous emotional release.

[quote="Susansmum, post:1, topic:322812"]
Tonight was my first time receiving the Eucharist in a while, and I cried. It was so bad, I couldn't even sing afterwards! :blush:

I'm planning on going to mass on Wednesday and our parish has adoration after too, so I'm looking forward to that too, and my 9 yr old will be coming with me. Do you have any suggestions for what we can talk about prior for her to get the most out of it?

[/quote]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes, I have cried after receiving many times. I just feel overcome by Jesus. He is so powerful! And I'm just so humbled to be able to have Him abide in me. Great idea to go to adoration! I would just explain to your child that you all are going to adore Jesus and thank Him for all that He has done.

It was such an amazing experience. I feel whole again.t?

[/quote]

Beautiful .

Yes, I have experienced tears from time to time after receiving the Eucharist.

As far as talking to your daughter, I’d educate her on the etiquette of Adoration…dress modestly, no talking, stress the relevance. Tell her its like visiting with your favorite relative, you can tell Jesus anything and He will speak to you in your heart. You don’t even necessarily have to talk, just silently visit. She could take her rosary and speak to Mary while visiting with her son. She may feel overwhelmed the first time OR it may take several times to really, really feel Jesus present in the Eucharist. No experience is wrong.

Also, just a heads-up but if you haven’t been to Adoration in a while, you may find yourself crying quite a bit there as well. The first time I went after coming back to the fullness of faith (which was also the first time I had ever been), I cried like a baby the whole time. I wished I had known this was going to happen so I could have been prepared with tissues.

[quote="KellyPalmer, post:7, topic:322812"]
Also, just a heads-up but if you haven't been to Adoration in a while, you may find yourself crying quite a bit there as well. The first time I went after coming back to the fullness of faith (which was also the first time I had ever been), I cried like a baby the whole time. I wished I had known this was going to happen so I could have been prepared with tissues.

[/quote]

I am very devoted to the blessed sacrament and I always pray facing where the blessed sacrament is and pay to to lord. On holy Thursday I would stay and pray

[/quote]

I never have, but you are blessed that you had this experience. :thumbsup:

Almost always. And I am not an emotional person. Not by a long shot.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.