Tebow's Super Bowl ad isn't intolerant; its critics are

Washington Post:

Tebow’s Super Bowl ad isn’t intolerant; its critics are

I’ll spit this out quick, before the armies of feminism try to gag me and strap electrodes to my forehead: Tim Tebow is one of the better things to happen to young women in some time. I realize this stance won’t endear me to the “Dwindling Organizations of Ladies in Lockstep,” otherwise known as DOLL, but I’ll try to pick up the shards of my shattered feminist credentials and go on.

. . . . .

I’m pro-choice, and Tebow clearly is not. But based on what I’ve heard in the past week, I’ll take his side against the group-think, elitism and condescension of the “National Organization of Fewer and Fewer Women All The Time.” For one thing, Tebow seems smarter than they do.

Tebow’s 30-second ad hasn’t even run yet, but it already has provoked “The National Organization for Women Who Only Think Like Us” to reveal something important about themselves: They aren’t actually “pro-choice” so much as they are pro-abortion. Pam Tebow has a genuine pro-choice story to tell. She got pregnant in 1987, post-Roe v. Wade, and while on a Christian mission in the Philippines, she contracted a tropical ailment. Doctors advised her the pregnancy could be dangerous, but she exercised her freedom of choice and now, 20-some years later, the outcome of that choice is her beauteous Heisman Trophy winner son, a chaste, proselytizing evangelical.

Pam Tebow and her son feel good enough about that choice to want to tell people about it. Only, NOW says they shouldn’t be allowed to. Apparently NOW feels this commercial is an inappropriate message for America to see for 30 seconds, but women in bikinis selling beer is the right one. I would like to meet the genius at NOW who made that decision. On second thought, no, I wouldn’t.

This from the Washington Post, yet!
We should be grateful to NOW for trying to stop this ad, they’ve unmasked themselves for all to see what they really are.

Wow. That's pretty interesting. I especially like his observation that NOW is unmasking itself as pro-abortion rather than pro-choice. Such an observation is obvious to us pro-lifers, but it's good to see someone making that connection who describes themselves as pro-choice.

It seems the Washington Post is spinning this to make it seem like a pro-choice ad. Of course what do I know, perhaps its us pro-lifers trying to make it seem part of our agenda...

By having this absurd protest NOW is only advertising that it is falling apart and less and less women agree with them. They are really making themselves look ridiculous, childish and truthfully pathetic. Tim Tebow's ad is a true story it actually happened he is not just making it up, it is just plain silly for NOW to be protesting it.

“That’s how far we’ve come from any kind of sane viewpoint about star athletes and sex. Promiscuity is so the norm that if a stud isn’t shagging everything in sight, we feel faintly ashamed for him” (Quote from article)

This is exactly the problem in society. Mrs. Jenkins, you seem to be advocating abstinence to reduce abortions, this is wonderful! There are so few in society who feel this way. I pray that one day you’ll be pro-life too! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.