Ted Cruz meets Taiwan president and fires his own broadside at China

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/08/ted-cruz-meets-taiwan-president-china-trump :thumbsup:

Not a flattering picture of Ted. This whole China / Taiwan stand-off could be a problem.

Abucs. You said:

Not a flattering picture of Ted.

What are you referring to?

The “photograph” of Senator Cruz, or the “picture” painted concerning his stance as a statesman in regards to China?

God bless.

Cathoholic

It’s great to here people like President elect Trump, Senator Cruz, and Governor Abbott let China know that we don’t intend to play by there rules this time.

Abucs.

Here is the crux of what Senator Cruz said in the Cruz quote:

“The People’s Republic of China needs to understand that in America we make decisions about meeting with visitors for ourselves,” Cruz said in a statement on Sunday.

I felt it was a reasonable statement.

Even the Chinese probably don’t consider this Cruz quote unreasonable or particularly inflamatory.

I thought the photograph of Senator Cruz among the dignitaries was fine too.

You said:

Not a flattering picture of Ted.

I guess I still don’t understand your comment.

The picture. It has him in an angry pose, to my eyes anyway.

They changed the photo since yesterday. Yesterday it was a very unflattering picture of a close up of his face. He looked aged, overweight, and angry. I think it was just a bad photo but now it’s a different picture.

J_Peterson:

They changed the photo since yesterday. . . . I think it was just a bad photo but now it’s a different picture.

To abucs.

I now understand. Sounds reasonable (I just didn’t know what you were alluding to).

Here is the current photo (maybe this one will change too).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.