Ted Cruz Urges Voters to 'Not Give Into Evil' as Crucial Indiana Primary Approaches

Urging voters to pick him over rival and Republican front-runner Donald Trump, presidential candidate Ted Cruz framed the battle to win the Indiana primary as a choice between good and evil.

"I believe in the people of the Hoosier state. I believe that the men and women gathered here and the goodness of the American people, that we will not give into evil but we will remember who we are and we will stand for our values,” Cruz said at a rally in La Porte, Indiana.

abcnews.go.com/Politics/cruz-urges-voters-give-evil-leading-crucial-indiana/story?id=38807187

WOW! Watch the video. He sounds like a revivalist preacher here!

Cruz is making things for awkward IMO to “like” his presentations. Trump needed to do less"trash talking" because it exploded with media assist, but he has still come through as the one to get the vote. I do not agree with Cruz saying Trump is going to load more liberals on the Supreme Court, or further burden the American people with more Federal bureaucracy. Am hoping Trump wins Indiana big time!

He does sound like a revivalist preacher, and I’m no fan of Fiorina, but I still hope he wins Indiana. I don’t care if it’s a landslide or if he just squeaks by, I hope he wins. That said, I think Trump will win in a close race. But Cruz sure has tried!

Indiana is a winner takes all state, so it truly does not matter whether someone wins by one vote or 100,000 votes. I’m hearing that Trump needs to win Indiana and California to seal the deal. New Jersey and West Virginia are safe bets for him and the rest are proportional.

Agree with you. Annie should start singing "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow…

It isn’t that cut and dry:

The 57 GOP delegates are split up by congressional district and state win. Specifically, Trump — or Cruz — will have to perform well across the state for a clean sweep. In total 27 delegates are split by congressional district — each gets three. The winner of the district, get’s the three delegates for that district. Then there are 30 that go to the winner of the state-wide vote.

This is the kind of thing that gives me reservations about Cruz, and makes me think that, despite polls, Cruz would have a much harder road in the general.

IMO Trump is no conservative. I don’t think that bodes well for justices on the SC who will not make law–a responsibility of the legislative branch.

Because to know him is to hate him and not enough voters know him yet?

I don’t know about that, but he’s freaking people out following him with wild accusations and it appears desperate imo…

a choice between good and evil.

I wouldn’t even call Hillary evil. misguided perhaps, but not evil. Sheez, a bit much no? :slight_smile:

It’s more than your opinion that he’s no conservative. He’s running as a fiscal liberal and as a moderate on social issues even though he has a fairly recent past as a social liberal.

I can’t think of anyone I’ve ever worked with that is as universally reviled by his co-workers as Senator Ted Cruz.

I wouldn’t even call Hillary evil. misguided perhaps, but not evil. Sheez, a bit much no? :slight_smile:

I think he was talking about Trump.

I think he was talking about Trump.

Yeah he was, I’m just saying his rhetoric is becoming alarming with the evil talk, Trump isn’t evil nor is Hillary. Hillary is closer in line to the principle though. :smiley:

How much impact does Bobby Knight have on voters? I hear he’s a Big Ten, ncaa basketball legend in Hoosier land.

New Gravis Poll: Trump 44 Cruz 27 Kasich 9

Gravis Marketing, a nonpartisan research firm, conducted a random survey of 379 likely Republican Primary voters in Indiana. The poll was conducted from April 28th to the 29th and has a margin of error of ± 5% at a 95% confidence level. The total may not round to 100% because of rounding. The polls were conducted using live telephone calls to landlines and mobile phone numbers of registered voters in Indiana and weighted by anticipated voting demographics.

img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2016/05/Faves_R.jpg&w=1484

Here’s an article to read and consider:
www.nationalreview.com/article/434550/ted-cruz-gop-moderates-should-vote-him

I’m not afraid of Ted Cruz at all(of course I am a strong conservative.)
I just think Trump will be a disaster when all is said and done. This article lays out why moderates should vote for Cruz.

National Review are the same think tank that gave us the Middle East strategy of George Bush. They see their business collapsing when Trump is in office.

I’m afraid of all of them. Trump is…well…Trump. He has liberal in him (even though he would be better than Hillary or Bernie). Kasich is a big-government bloke. Ted Cruz is okay except that he seems to want to go to war with everyone. I do think that ISIS should be knocked across the head but why can’t we just stay home for a bit? We have enough problems here. Please American Empire-Building Team. Stop meddling.

Ted is scary and there’s no evidence he or Hillary will ever work with the other party. That may be well and fine if we are contending on building a christian political ideology resulting in theocracy and calling it the US government, and by executive order. I don’t see how Ted or Hillary aid this two party system. I don’t dislike Ted either but I think he’s extreme and acting extreme again. Closing down the government talking about green eggs and ham is extreme.

The trouble is that the US is too big and too powerful to “just stay home.” Switzerland is isolationist, but the entire population of Switzerland is only about 7-8 million. There are more people that that in major American cities. The US can’t be isolationist even if it wanted to.

The US can’t be isolationist

Depends what we mean in application to what specifically? Whats untrue is the US is isolationist by taking a closer look at national security, its priority, and amending what needs to be amended with immigration, visa’s, security in general. Thats not isolation but self preservation and basically normal operative procedure imo.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.