Teen Denied Citizenship for Refusing HPV Vaccine

The clock is winding down for a British teen girl pursuing U.S. citizenship after she refused to get the HPV vaccine, also known as Gardasil.

The vaccine is recommended but not mandatory for American girls. However, a U.S. immigration law requires the vaccine for girls seeking to become American citizens.

Simone Davis, a British-born Christian living in America with her adoptive mother Jean Davis, is in a battle with the immigration authorities over the requirement.

This week, immigration rejected the 17-year-old’s request for a waiver based on moral and religious reasons.

“I am only 17 years old and planning to go to college and not have sex anytime soon,” Simone told ABC News. “There is no chance of getting cervical cancer, so there’s no point in getting the shot.”

Her grandmother added, “You wouldn’t walk around with a crash helmet on if you weren’t going to ride a motorcycle.”

Simone also expressed concerns over the possible health risk involved, saying she feels the government is using immigrants as guinea pigs to test the drug.

“I told Nanny (Simone’s grandmother) that if it is such a great vaccine, why isn’t it mandatory for everyone?” asked Simone. "Someone has to stand up and say, ‘This isn’t right.’ These girls are being forced,

Without the vaccine, Simone Davis will be denied citizenship and will face removal from the college where she was accepted conditionally. Simone has 30 days to appeal.

Video at source.

cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2009/September/Teen-Denied-Citizenship-for-Refusing-HPV-Vaccine/

This HPV vaccine promotion is way out of control. Here in Ontario, Canada the government has made it mandatory for all 12-year-old girls in government schools. What’s even worse… I haven’t heard too many complaints. No wonder Jesus called us sheep.

I hope and pray this girl’s appeal is heard… and I pray SOME government offical in the US also has the guts to stand up to the multi-billion-dollar pharmaceutical companies who no-doubt had plenty to do with the passing of this inane law in the first place.

Our Lord clearly told us “You cannot be the slave both of God and of money.” (Luke 16:13), and I think we all know who the nation’s governments are serving these days. :frowning:

What??? This vaccine is only a couple of years old, how in the world did it get written into our immigration law?? I have a feeling Merck was greasing some palms over at ICE, since they failed to get it mandated in U.S. schools, had to recoup all that lost income somewhere. :mad:

Gee, why don’t we force all immigrant girls to get on the pill too? :rolleyes:

In Christ,

Ellen

In Ontario ALL Catholic Schools are funded publicly hence considered “government schools”,however,most Catholic school boards refused to allow immunization in Catholic schools.It is NOT mandatory for 12 year old girls to be immunized.It IS mandatory that public schools excluding Catholic ones pronvide FACILITIES for immunization.Big difference.

She shouldn’t be denied citizenship for not taking the vaccine. But I do think it’s in her best interest to take the vaccine. My daughter will be taking the vaccine in a few years.

I dont think its a good idea to force all these girls to get put on some drug thats only been out for a couple of years now…how many times have they had to pull drugs off the market because it had some kind of unexpected side-effects? Not to long ago the birth control patch was the big thing and now I see commercials about how it bad it has effected some women. There was another drug too called Vioxx…or something to that effect that they had to take off the market. I just dont trust the government and medical industry always trying to forces all these different drugs into us.

Have you investigated the side effects that are mushrooming???.The vaccine has caused over 30 deaths in the U.S. alone.Don’t play with your child’s health.Get informed!

I will certainly review the medical facts at the appropriate time. As I said, it’s a few years away.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.