Teen dies stopping suicide bomber at school in Pakistan

cnn.com/2014/01/09/world/asia/pakistan-boy-stops-suicide-bomber/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2

“It was a great sacrifice to save the lives of hundreds of both Shia and Sunni students, who were in morning assembly,” Musadiq said.

Pakistanis are comparing him to Malala, the schoolgirl shot by the Taliban in October 2012 for promoting education for all boys and girls.
Pakistanis on social media are praising Aitazaz’s bravery, with people on Twitter asking everyone to use hastags #onemillionaitzazs or simply #aitzaz and calling for his heroism to be recognized with an award.

Amid today’s shady and embarassing, petty news, it is a great shame that this is not getting the great recognition than it deserves.

No greater love hath this: than a man lay down his life for his friends.

Sleep well in the bosom of your maker, young man. :signofcross: :gopray2:

Lord God, who created all, look with favor and love upon Aitazaz Hassan, who may have never known the divinity of your Son, but who drew his last breath living out His words: “there is no greater love than this: to give one’s life for one’s friends.” Lord, look with mercy upon him, and bless and protect the 1,500 lives he saved in his selfless act.

Amen. :yup::yup:

I wonder which Pakistanis. Malala did not do anything remotely close to this. She was shot for going to school and being loud about it. This kid sacrificed his life.

What is the matter with you turning a board of respect into a petty contest? I mean really?

To Aitazaz Hassan. Respect!
Rest in peace.

Respect also to Malala Yousafzai for her courage. She has probably saved numerous lives too by risking her life for education. Because that is what education does. It saves lives and improves life. That also she is not dead is purly chance.

Kindly
/Victor

You’re doing the same thing by judging my standards based on your own. What’s the matter with you?

:slight_smile:

Yes I think the two situations are significantly different. I can’t help that you over generalise so much. That’s your problem. Nuances are important.

Decorum. Some people show it, others think they are being judged when they are called out on their lack of it.

Agree. Completely different situations.

This young man is a true hero, and should be applauded as such.

Amen.

:signofcross::gopray::gopray2::byzsoc: :crossrc: :highprayer:

Yepp but I am not diminishing the act of Aitazaz Hassan but yours. I am ok with that. :slight_smile:

Yepp. Nuances are important the problem is you do not see them.

I think maybe you do not get the situation or see the bigger picture.

Aitazaz Hassan has become an inspiration for people in Pakistan and the near future will show us what effect that has.

The souls he has saved in his one single act might be a drop in the ocean compared to the ones he will save by his inspiration in the future.

The same goes for Malala Yousafzai only she has already had time to inspire people of the world and make a difference.

Who has done the best of these two we will only know at the end of time. And I am not even going to try to judge that.

Aitazaz Hassan seems to be boy with ambition to become a doctor. His teachers praise his accomplishment at school. No doubt he holds education in high regard and obviously the people of the region seems to hold Malala in high regard as well. Probably Aitazaz did too. At least he does not like extremists or their actions which would make him not liking a woman being shot for expressing her views.

What do you think Aitazaz Hassan would say to being remembered like this? By this comparison? That diminishes something that needs lifting?

What you three need to reconsider is. What action right now walks the path of peace and what action right now does not?

/Victor

PS
Think about this those who diminishes an act to promote education. Aitazaz Hassan might have saved 2000 lifes by dying. But he was going to become a doctor. If he had not died how many lifes would he have saved during his life thanks to his education?

Think about this. How many more (female) doctors will there be in Pakistan thanks to Malala?

Nuances right!?

DS

As the OP here-----my opinion is that BOTH are heroes----just different KINDS of heroes…

Personally, I think Aitazaz’s heroism and sacrifice was a tad more important, but that is my opinion.

She inspired girls to go to school; Aizaz saved thousands of lives, male AND female, for the future…

Well done, young man.

RIP.

Amen. Amen. :gopray:

AMEN :byzsoc:

I’d say that Malala is a hero as well. Shot in the head by terrorists, and not only does she not cower, she speaks up with great bravery. I’m sure a lot of terrorists would love to kill her. That’s bravery, too. Anyway, I pray for God to be with both of them, and the same for all of you. :slight_smile:

This. :thumbsup:

:crossrc:

I hope this story will gain media attention. I pray for terrorism to end in all parts of the world. may the memory of this teen’s life be honored for the sacrifice he made.

Amen. :byzsoc:

“Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends” - John 15:13

Such courage, such bravery, such selflessness, such love for his fellow man. This young man must surely be in Heaven.

I agree as well. :thumbsup:
What was even more incredible (and did not get mentioned in the standard news reports):

He was with a few others, including his cousin, when they spotted the bomber. They begged him no to confront the bomber, but he felt it necessary to do so.

Breathtaking. :gopray:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.