Tell me how ??

Tell me how Mary can be “Queen of Heaven” when Jesus said that in heaven there is neither male or female.

It’s an allegorial title, one that our simple human minds can understand.

Well since the Church is wrong about this one, I guess I can put my wife on the pill now.

Umm, the same way Jesus can be the King of Kings? Did you even think before asking this question?

Do you think that Jesus meant that in heaven there is neither male or female literally.

Well, your premise is based on something that Jesus did NOT say. Inaccurate premise, inaccurate conclusion.

Jesus said this:

Matthew 22:30 & Mark 12:25: At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

We will not marry in Heaven. That does not mean we will be without a sex. In the resurrection, Jesus’ glorified body is still male. In his glorified body he is still King. We will be like the angels-- that is, completely united with God in the beatific vision.

Whereas, it is Paul who said there is neither male nor female in Christ:

Galations 2: 27-29 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

But he was talking to living people. So clearly he was speaking figuratively about equality and dignity in the Kingdom, not our actual sex.

The picture that the Bible gives of the angels is that they are sexless being neither male or female. If we are like the angel we will be sexless too

The same way God can be Father.

And of course, John stated plainly in Revelation that he saw a “woman” in heaven.

No, that is not the case, as much as you wish it to be so. Angels also lack a body, but we will have a body in the Resurrection, so we will not be literally “like the angels.”

Angels neither marry nor are given in marriage. They are united with God in the beatific vision, which is the ultimate Wedding Feast of the Lamb. Jesus did not say, nor does he imply, we will be “sexless.”

You can stomp your feet all you want, but the Bible simply doesn’t say that we will be sexless (i.e. having no male- or femaleness), and if you try to make it say that then you would also have to state that if Jesus meant that literally then we would not have bodies-- a clear contradiction to Scripture. We certainly will have bodies in the Resurrection. Angels don’t have bodies. They are pure spirit.

In his glorified body Jesus is still a man. He is still referred to as Son and King. Heaven is still described in these terms. And, of course, in Rev 12, John sees a woman clothed with the sun and a crown of 12 stars.

Your “interpretation” of Scripture cannot withstand scrutiny when taken with the entire body of Scripture. For someone who is “sola scriptura” you seem to ignore the Scriptures as a whole to try to make one verse say what you want it to say, even though it clearly does not say that.

Angels are pure Spiritual beings. Humans are Spiritual as well as physical beings, we will be like the Angels, in Spirit, we will not become Angels. (Spiritual beings without physical bodies)

Actually, we will be greater than the Angels (which is the premise of this great movie called “Prophecy” with Christopher Walken, wherein certain angels rebel because sinful humanity will be given a place greater than the angels - sorry for the diversion, but I just rented that movie :D).

Blessings

In the Davidic kingdom the mother of the King is the queen. Whether she remains a female or not is irrelevant - she will always be his mother. Christ is our King, ergo Mary is the queen.
I have an unrelated question: Why, of all things, do Baptists call themselves Baptists when they dont actually believe that Baptism accomplishes anything spiritually?

The name Baptist is not a name the we chose for ourselfs. The early Baptist were actually called the rebaptizers or antabaptist because anyone that wanted to join a Baptist Church had to be baptized and in some cases rebaptized. Over time they just became known a Baptist.

Would it be true to say, then, that Jesus gave up His human nature when He ascended into heaven? Nah, don’t think so.

Indeed, the OP’s question implies a rejection of the fundamental Christian tenet of the resurrection of the body.

As with all of the Blessed Virgin Mary’s prerogatives, the title Queen of Heaven flows from her Divine Maternity. She gave birth to God.

When we look at the Old Testament, we find much support for the Queenship of Mary. At the time of the historical Israel, next to the King’s throne was a second throne. We always think of that throne belonging to the King’s wife, but in Israel it belonged to the mother of the king. In Aramaic, the word “Gebirah” means Queen Mother. Gebirah was the official title of the Queen Mother, and was a position of authority and honor. Her role was as advisor to the king, and advocate of the people. Anyone who had a petition or sought an audience with the King did so through her.

1 Kings 2:17-21: “He said, ‘Please ask King Solomon, who will not refuse you, to give me Abishag the Shunamite for my wife.’ ‘Very well,’ replied Bathsheba, (King Solomon’s mom) ‘I will speak to the king for you.’ Then Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak for Adonijah, and the king stood up to meet her and paid her homage. Then he sat down upon his throne, and a throne was provided for the king’s mother, who sat at his right.”

Jeremiah 13:18: “Say to the king and to the queen mother, “Come down from your thrones for your glorious crowns will fall from your heads.” The cities of the Negev will be shut up and there will be no-one to open them. All Judah will be carried into exile, carried completely away.”

There’s plenty more, but as we see, there’s an abundance of biblical proof that Mary’s Queenship is both proper, and scripturally based.

I’ve heard that before, but did you ever look into what Anabaptists believed? They believed that Christians could not bear arms, that sinners were to be excommunicated and denied the Sacraments, and they believed in Apostolic succession. They also did not believe in going to church, but rather that people should meet and each one should preach and sing on his/her own.

Those don’t sound like Baptist beliefs to me…

God and the angels are neither male nor female because they are pure spirit and have no physical bodies. However, Jesus and Mary are both in heaven with physical human bodies. Jesus is still male and Mary is still female. I presume when we humans are all reunited with our bodies at the end of time, we will still maintain our male/female status. That’s why Mary is Queen, becuase she has her physical body in heaven (and because God said so - :D)

I am not rejecting the resurrection of the body, however this body will be changed to an incorrupable body. This earthly body of flesh and blood is by it’s very nature is corrupable Also there will be nothing in heaven that is corrupable
Even Jesus human body has been changed back to the glorifed boby that he had before his brith on earth.
In 1 John it say that we do not know what we should be but we will see him as He (Jesus) as he is and we will be like him.

Jesus had a glorified body BEFORE his birth on earth? Where is THAT in the Bible?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.