Tell me they didn't just say that: Democrats want to invoke 25th Ammendment

I guess they won’t give up on Saul Alinsky. Rule 12: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.“ Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

I’m not sure what will eventually cause them to stop, but I know it won’t be pretty (or good for the country:()

thehill.com/homenews/house/320018-democrats-raise-questions-about-trumps-mental-health

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) in a floor speech this week called for a review of the Constitution’s procedures for removing a president. He warned the 25th Amendment of the Constitution falls short when it comes to mental or emotional fitness for office.

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) during a weekend interview with CNN’s “State of the Union” said that “a few” Republican colleagues have expressed concern to him about Trump’s mental health.

And Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) plans to introduce legislation that would require the presence of a psychiatrist or psychologist in the White House.

Their desperation is almost comical.

I would question if those Democrats mentioned in the article are menally fit for the job.

If they keep it up, it could be very bad for them in 2018. Didn’t they learn anything from the 2016 election?

I actually find it hateful and diabolical.:mad:

Sure.
Actually this is a story of three Democrats.

One was asked in an TV interview if any republican colleagues had raised questions about Trumps mental condition. He answered yes, but it was just a few. And framed this with a discussion of Trump’s penchat for lying.

A second had discussed on the floor a need to reform the 25th amendment, since the majority of people involeved in invoking it can be dismissed by order of the POTUS.

The third is considering legislation that would ensure that mental health of the POTUS is monitored by professionals.

The headline of the thread is clearly great click bait. It got many out to critique actions that they hadn’t paid much attention to - because the article did not offer support that “Democrats” or any of these three reps wanted to invoke 25th Amendment.

Pavlov calling.

No, they have not learned anything from the last election.

With their behavior, the only direction the democrat party will go is downward and the
republicans may not be far behind.

Senator Al Franken was sleeping during a Congressional hearing once. Not sure if he wants to go down that road…

Maybe, but I know you see the massive amount of excuse-making going on here.

And remember, 65 million Americans basically pounded the table last November and said MORE MORE MORE of the same for a variety of predictable selfish reasons.

Oh my. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, he was a stand up comic n his prior life.If anybody’s credentials for holding a public office should be up for debate,Al Franken’s should be :rolleyes:

Hateful and diabolical are words I would use to describe Trump – and I’m a conservative.

I have SERIOUS reservations about Trump’s mental state. Removing might not be a bad idea.

Riiiiight. Because a stand-up comic has less political credibility than a reality TV star?

Democrats do not see this election as a repudiation of their party platform or their politics of pot stirring. The see no mandate in the result. What they may have learned is that there is precious little that will be done when they pitch temper tantrums in the streets, even if this blocks emergency vehicle access or causes harm to businesses in their own communities.

What if trump wasn’t white?

Then he probably wouldn’t have been elected president.

Yes. When that reality tv star is also a businessman with international concerns. No Trump fan am I, but really. The Apprentice was only a small part of Trump history.

We need to hold 45 to the same criteria as everyone else. I’d say we’ve had pathological liars in the White House before and they were left there–even when they lied under oath. This push for impeachment without high crimes and removal for “mental instability” reeks of double standard.

Frankly, I have made no secret of the fact that I would have preferred ANY of the other Republican candidates, a couple of the independents, or a rogue blue dog democrat. But this constant harping and pot stirring makes me LESS likely, MUCH less likely, to take anyone seriously who spouts this nonsense.

yeah, what was his character on SNL - “I’m good enough, I’m smart enough…”

:thumbsup: true!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.