Temptation to sin when checking cervical mucus

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year and a half. My doctor has recommended I check my cervical mucus to try and determine if I’m having some sort of cycles despite having amenorrhea. I’ve tried checking a number of times, but when I do, I become tempted to masturbate and have fallen into that temptation a number of times. Would it be better to not check my cervical mucus since it has proved to be a near occasion of sin for me? Please pray for me in this struggle of infertility as well :disappointed:

Maybe only check it in front of your husband. Problem solved?

Try Creighton, the method does not use internal checks but external observation of mucous.
https://fertilitycare.org/

For cheking the cervical mucus, there is no need of :

• going in the internal
  • no need of directly touching the genitals. Collecting it when going to the toilets (every times) on a paper in enough. Then look and touch the mucus.

Is in doing that the temptation/falls are present?
What sort of method do you follow?

The LittleLady have speak of Creighton. there is also Billings for mucus-only method.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.