Ten children in Tanzania kidnapped and killed for their body parts, authorities say

Ten children in Tanzania kidnapped and killed for their body parts, authorities say

By Elizabeth Llorente | Fox News

29 Jan 2019 FoxNews

Tanzanian authorities say that 10 children who were kidnapped in December were found dead and were killed for their body parts.

The children’s ears, teeth and “private parts” were removed, and some were missing limbs, according to published reports that cited the authorities.

They were 2 to 9 years old. Authorities in Tanzania have indicated that there may be more children missing.

A relative of three of the children has been arrested.

Authorities are said to suspect that witchcraft motivated the horrors . . . .

. . . . “These murders are linked to witchcraft practices because that is the trend for such crimes, where herbalists ask people to get these human parts for money rituals,” he said.

DENMARK, CITING HUMAN RIGHTS, WITHHOLDS SOME AID TO TANZANIA

"We urge all parents and guardians to be on alert . . .

There is a charity in Tanzania that deal specifically with the albino killing problem. Although this story says it’s not related to that.

1 Like

1Lord1Faith . . .

There is a charity in Tanzania that deal specifically with the albino killing problem. Although this story says it’s not related to that.

Thank you for that input.

Very difficult issue. Prayers out for those folks.

God bless.

Cathoholic

I hope there is not much of this organ harvesting still going on. I read the story. but I don’t think organs were missing (unless we mean the sex organ as what the article mentions). I’m saddened and shocked. I had heard about this on the news.

Sadly there is a huge amount of it going on. Not just in Africa either for that matter.

The picture in post #1 does appear like an “albino” boy.

In fact, searching the news, I do find this:

“These murders are linked to witchcraft practices because that is the trend for such crimes, where herbalists ask people to get these human parts for money rituals,” he said.

Albinos in Tanzania frequently are targeted for abuse because of discrimination and the belief their albinism is the result of their being cursed, according to Amnesty International.

Okay, we might have gotten early reports where we may not know of some details.

It makes me wonder, were the albino persons all in one place? Sad, the boy in the picture looks like he has lost some body parts but is still alive.

I’ve got to add in, China seems to still have some who practice “ancient medicine”, they want Rhino horns or something. This is very sad when these things happen.

It appears this in Tanzania is for witch craft reasons.

Edit On, here is another pertinent story and this occurred in India:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.