Tenets of the Catholic faith

What is the most important Tenet of the Catholic faith.

I say “other”: The Incarnation. Everything else in the list flows from that revelation.

:blessyou:

The Real Presence implies and gives graces for faith and understanding in the other tenets, i think.

The Holy Trinity
The Crucifixion
The Resurrection
The Immaculate Conception
The Virgin Birth

When I saw “the Virgin birth” was tempted to ask, “Whose virgin birth? Everyone is born a virgin.” But, I know what you mean. :bounce:

I agree with Ghosty. The Incarnation is extremely important for the reason he cited. However, the highest feast day in the Church is not Annunciation but Easter because, as Paul cited, “If there be no resurrection from the dead our faith is in vain.”

Still, you are grabbing the wrong end of the stick by asking which of these is the most important. Christianity needs them all–the whole of the revelation of Christ–in order to be God’s final word to man. Picking and choosing one as more important than the others is to do what our Protestant brethren seem to love to do, based on their “either or” mentality instead of a “both and” way of seeing Christ’s mission to men extended to the world through the Church he established.

This “either or” way of thinking is what broke up Protestants into thousands of different denominations and sects to say nothing of causing disunity within the Body of Christ, a very serious matter and much more important than which feast/dogma/doctrine of the Church is the most important. :wink:

I said the Resurrection. It gives us Hope, Faith, Love.

Hope in our own forgiveness that we too may enter Heaven
Faith in God that He is Almighty God. The Son. And the Holy Spirit.
Love - He so loved us…And then He rose from the dead to lead us to Heaven should we follow Him

I had a very hard time with this becuase I believe ALL of them are important. I will go and ask my priest for clarification.

[quote=Intrigued Latin]What is the most important Tenet of the Catholic faith.
[/quote]

This question is operating on a false premise.
None are optional, they are all equally essential.

[quote=Ignatius]This question is operating on a false premise.
None are optional, they are all equally essential.
[/quote]

Yes indeed! Take away any one, and it’s not the Catholic faith any more. And overemphasize any one, and you distort the faith.

Blessings,

Gerry

The Incarnation

I say all are.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.