Tennessee gun store offers discount for Christians

Frontier Firearms, a gun shop in Tennessee, has responded to the shooting in Oregon earlier this month by offering discounted firearms to Christians.

“If Christians are going to be targeted, we need to protect ourselves,” Brant Williams, owner of the shop said.

The store is offering a five per cent discount to all those who say “I am a Chrsitian” before purchasing a new handgun.

The offer was announced shortly after the shooting at Umqua Community College in Oregon, during which gunman Christopher Harper Mercer allegedly asked students if they were Christians before shooting them.

christiantoday.com/article/tennessee.gun.store.offers.discount.for.christians/67465.htm

You’d think he’d offer 10%, like as a tithe. :smiley:

And does he count Catholics and Mormons as Christians?
Do Unitarians, Oneness Pentecostals, etc, only get 1/3 of 5%? :hmmm:

Sorry, being facetious here. :stuck_out_tongue:

How very generous of them! I would imagine they will increase their sales as well as protecting the public. A win-win situation all the way. NOT.

:bowdown2:

Thanks for starting my day with a laugh…

I guess Jews and Muslims will have to rely on Christians for protection.

Or they can go and by their own guns at the slightly higher price or someplace else?

Gee, imagine that!

So then what’s the solution?

Well, we need to incentivize the Jews to buy guns if we want to avoid another Holocaust, right?

:smiley: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :cool:

The original flier used to advertise the discount says “Not Christian? Feel free to negotiate your discount.” which leads me to believe that this is all a gimmick to increase sales despite the customer’s religion (it is Tennessee after all, and the vast majority of residents are Christian so Parish is likely just milking the locals’ religious sensibilities).

ETA: It looks like Parish amended the discount to include all people of faith:

Although initially for Christians alone, Parish has said the sale is no longer reserved for one particular religion, rather it is open to anyone willing to declare a religion prior to buying a new weapon.

“Religion was a part of this country’s founding, you know religious freedom. And that’s what it’s about,” Parish said. “Being able to say ‘hey I’m this,’ without getting shot in the back of the head because of it.”

He said that if a customer said he was a Muslim that “of course” they would be able to get a discount.

I don’t know but I don’t think it’s more guns being manufactured and sold to more people.

Doing well by doing good?

How about being able to say, “Hey, I’m atheist,” without getting shot in the back of the head because of it?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.