Tens of thousands rally at Walk for Life West Coast in San Francisco

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ – A Nigerian pro-life activist and the man whose undercover videos of Planned Parenthood have roiled Congress and redefined the abortion battleground rallied tens of thousands of people at the 12th annual Walk for Life West Coast Jan. 23.

“They tell us the lie that women-- in order to have opportunities and in order for us be successful-- we must have abortion rights,” said Obianuju Ekeocha, founder and president of Culture of Life Africa which rejects international aid tied to anti-life initiatives. “I stand here before you not just as a black person or an African person. I stand here before you as a woman to say we should never have to buy success with the blood of our babies.”

David Daleiden, the citizen journalist whose undercover videos recorded Planned Parenthood officials trafficking in the parts of aborted babies, was the first speaker at the one-hour rally at Civic Center Plaza in San Francisco. The videos led Congress to vote to defund Planned Parenthood in January.

prnewswire.com/news-releases/tens-of-thousands-rally-at-walk-for-life-west-coast-in-san-francisco-300208805.html

I live in San Francisco and was one of thousands at the Walk for Life yesterday – is there any mention of it in today’s Chronicle??? Of course not – wonder why the local paper wouldn’t cover such an event???

sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Thousands-of-anti-abortion-protesters-march-down-6779548.php

sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Thousands-march-in-anti-abortion-protest-6037870.php

A lot of attendees were there and here are a bunch of pictures per both webpages (same story, two different URLs and pictures vary a bit).

God Bless All Who Went!

Photo credits are to indeed, the Chronicle. This SF Gate website is actually pretty good, not saying I always agree with it.

What reason could there be for the paper not to mention a March that consisted of tens of thousands of people in the city the paper comes out in, other than bias?

Is SF Gate the Chronicle? These webpages credit the photos to the Chronicle.
sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Thousands-of-anti-abortion-protesters-march-down-6779548.php (15 photos)

sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Thousands-march-in-anti-abortion-protest-6037870.php (25 photos)

Maybe it wasn’t in the early edition.

I take my comment back about the Chronicle not covering the Walk for Life story --just went through the paper a bit more carefully and I did find an article about the Walk – so many thousands were there I just couldn’t imagine why the Chronicle wouldn’t cover the story.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.