Tense Protest At South Dallas Mosque

Anti-Muslim demonstrators, dressed in fatigues and masks and most of them armed, were easily outnumbered approximately 10 to 1 by the mosque supporters, some of whom were also armed.dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/02/tense-protest-at-south-dallas-mosque/

Pretty shocking that this didn't receive more coverage.

Video
fox4news.com/news/110636637-story

Maybe Texas should go the route of California then by banning open carry. Is that recommended?

I’m not sure anything California does about restricting Americans freedoms is recommended.

Ronald Reagan himself approved of it. It is not about the “California Uber Alles” cult of Jerry Brown that the Dead Kennedy’s referred to.

There’s going to be a lot more of this,

I hope not, because if it keeps happening eventually someone is going to do something stupid and it’ll go up like a powder keg.

If you bring a gun to a protest you are a knucklehead. If you have ever brought a gun to a protest, I’m sorry that you are a knucklehead.

Unbelievable.

First, these knuckleheads (good word, although I’d use stronger language) chose a Nation of Islam mosque. The NOI is as American as apple pie. They’re barely even Muslims. Mainstream Muslims would say that they are not, in fact, Muslims. So I have to ask why these clowns chose an NOI mosque. What are they “protesting”?

Also, intimidating people with weapons because of their faith is pretty un-American, wouldn’t you say? It’s a disgrace. They may claim to be “exercising their Constitutional rights,” but they’re an embarrassment to our country. We should all be ashamed of them.

Finally, the NOI won’t be intimated. They’ll fight back. So the potential for disaster here is huge.

Probably for the enhanced racism aspect if I’m viewing this cynically regarding those that would protest them. NOI is a largely African American religious movement so targeting them is targeting a segment of the black community as well.

The ironic thing about watching that protest footage, is that the so called “anti-Muslim” protestors look a heck of a lot like members of Daesh. Cowards who hide behind black masks and guns.

I never heard of BAIR before this protest, but on the other side, along with the Nation of Islam, also present were the New Black Panther Party and the Huey Newton Gun Club, groups who have held armed marches of there own in Texas, and chanted about killing police. The NBPP in fact makes no secret of being anti-White. They were joined by the violent leftist group ANTIFA, those were the few white people outside the mosque.

Yes, it would not take much right now to spark a type of civil war within the US…if it happened, it would spread to every city large and small in very short time…could be something that draws everyone into it too (like it or not).

Don’t know if I’d go that far, ie civil war, as people armed and willing to fight on either side of a Muslim v Racist Redneck battle are pretty fringe even with Donald Trumpesque rhetoric going around (ie: most people who spout such stuff are just blow hards full of hot air but no resolve). But it would lead to an increase in violence between the fringe elements which is itself a bad development.

I find this notion that people are allowed to parade around outside places of worship with arms like this alien. I’ve lived in three countries and in any of them do this and the police or militia would chuck you in ye old Paddy wagon toot sweet and chuck you out at the local cop shop and right into a cell as soon as someone let them know this was going on.

Arguably a downside to the First and Second Amendments.

Freedom is hard.

I’m not posting links because of profanity used in some, but a quick search on youtube for the Huey Newton Gun Club and the New Black Panther Party will show several videos of these groups marching in public with firearms and chanting about killing cops, so I’d say these 2 groups are ALOT more provacative then BAIR.

Indeed, one day America will gain it though. :wink:

No doubt. But in this place, at this time, they didn’t commit the provocation. A bunch of yahoos with guns did.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.