Terminal 'Bucket List' baby dies hours after birth

This story is heartbreaking. But after days of endless reporting on the young woman who is planning to kill herself next month, seeing a story about parents so dedicated to life was reassuring. God bless this young couple and their beautiful child.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/10/09/bucket-list-baby-dies/16968305/

It gives one lots to think about and some very moving pictures. Good for the parents Jenna Gassew and Dan Haley of Pennsylvania.

I follow this family on facebook. We definitly need more messages of hope nowadays because I think we are losing it…

hopeforharper.blogspot.com/

May God Bless these parents and may their child be a Saint in Heaven interceding for them and all of us.

Amen.

God bless these parents. They now have an angel in heaven looking out for them.

Think of how sad this story already is, then realize that God could have saved this poor child but chose not to. Sometimes it is very hard to understand why God forsakes the faithful. :frowning:

Amen. How wonderful to see that they value the gift of life, and how sad for them to suffer this loss. May God have mercy on them all.

DGB

God does not forsake the faithful. Moreover I wouldn’t make such a distinction between those who are faithful and those who aren’t. God loves every single one of us.

God did save this child. You just don’t like the way he did it.

Do *you *like the way that God saved this child?

You’re assuming that according to God. Death is a bad thing.

Yes.

Do you like the way that God is saving the Christians in the middle east (the ones that are interacting with ISIS)?

Right, I guess I shouldn’t have assumed that. Apparently, it’s not. Hence ISIS?

That is really sad but I am happy that he was baptized. He is now resting in God’s arms.

I like the way God does everything. My goal is to live in the presence of the Lord in the land of the living.

I disagree. It is incredibly joyful-a couple who bucked the culture and gave their child life-even if it was a short one.

Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelations 20:4

It could be argued it’s in the Bible.

Well. God has always favoured those who knuckle down and do the hard yards. Perhaps you could pick up a gun and help destroy IS?

Heartbreaking yes, and may God bless this young couple abundantly.

What this young couple have done is enormous - I fully recognise numerous parents do carry their handicapped babies to birth.

The couple’s idea for a FB page, the bucket list, which then attracted mass media attention will definitely reduce the number of abortions worldwide, and will make women carrying babies think twice. Even if it’s only a handful.

Absolutely, amazing and beautiful story and a miracle in itself that the MSM picked it up and ran with the story.

Their facebook page was hacked two days after the baby was born.

The couple from Pennsylvania, who created a bucket list for their unborn son, says the Facebook page dedicated to their journey has been hacked and flooded with abusive messages.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2790225/couple-baby-son-died-hours-born-terminal-defect-facebook-page-created-celebrate-short-life-hacked-hours-later.html#ixzz3Fzb0i1VL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

:mad:

Then it was restored

However by 5pm yesterday afternoon, the photos were removed and the page appeared to be back to normal.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.