Terri Schiavo Mocked on FOX's Family Guy

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/mar/10032315.html

ST. PETERSBURG, FL, March 23, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – On March 21, 2010, Fox aired a prime time episode of The Family Guy, which featured a satire about Terri Schiavo, the disabled Florida woman who was starved to death by court order in 2005 after a lengthy court battle.

The sketch was titled “Terri Schiavo: The Musical.”

In the sketch, Schiavo was mocked and portrayed as being on a number of mechanical life support systems. She is also referred to as a vegetable. The sketch ends with characters calling for pulling the plug.

Well, seriously now… how much lower can that show go?

It’s a free country, so rubbish like this can continue.
Thankfully, we can choose not to watch it and complain about it. It’s vile.

Heck, I have a dark sense of humor and and I find this to be in bad taste.

I used to be a HUGE Family Guy fan. I have the first two seasons on DVD. But the last couple of years (at least) they have gotten TOTALLY out of hand and I just can’t watch any more.

So I don’t.

~Liza

**Pray for these people who couch there self serving hatred behind the “It’s just a cartoon” excuse!
**My dog has more dignity & respect for life than these sickening “Family Guy” writers/producers, or anyone who watches this vile garbage!
Just another step in the continual decline of our society due to these ‘progressive’ intellectual geniuses, another in the continuing saga of the “Dumbing Down of America!”

Life is so devalued by many in our society that they promote the idea that “it comes down to whatever is easier & cheaper to do to maintain our selfish lifestyle.”

**i wonder what the writers & producers will think when they are unable to speak or feed themselves & their spouse or family allows them to die the excruciatingly slow & horrible death by starvation like poor Terry Schiavo, God rest her Soul, because it is easier & cheaper for them to die???
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

Name something or somebody that Family Guy doesn’t mock.

This long-running show is very successful. I love it because it’s so outrageous.

So don’t watch it if you don’t like it.

Your dog sounds amazing. :thumbsup:

Family Guy is a hit and miss satirical comedy that genuinely pushes the envelope.

The episode in question had some funny skits and I agree, the skit in question was very much in poor taste.

However, if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

If you can devote 30 minutes to watch immoral **** like this…I hope you can spend an equal amount of time praying… Quite frankly, you have to be pretty immature in your faith to think that this kind of television is conducive to growing closer to God. I would suggest to all parents reading this…get rid of your televisions…except maybe for EWTN or some movies. I recall the word of the Cure of Ar’s…he pointed out that parents will be held accountable for this kind of thing.

Pax

Seth McFarlane is a hack who makes easy money by making fun of just about everything, and naturally Christ and Catholics are routine game.

This blog says it all about this degenerate and his show. I pray he does as Anne Rice did - see how perverted and wrong his deeds are and fully repents of them.

Agreed, most of the time things that offend people don’t really bother me. I understand that its just a joke, even if it bothers some people. But things like this are just in total bad taste.

hli.org/index.php?option=com_acajoom&act=mailing&task=view&listid=2&mailingid=702

The Despicable “Family Guy” Hate Piece by Rev. Thomas J. Euteneuer

I almost couldn’t watch the few minutes that it took for them to shame to the depths of hell the sanctity of her life and death. I am not going to describe to you the hate-filled scene; you can look at it on the link if you wish, but suffice it to say, this kind of hate speech will never be called to task by the regulatory agencies of the pagan administration in power right now. Decent people like you and me have to object to it.

The “Family Guy” defamation is a piece of satanic cultural trash, and it needs to be called what it is. Any producer, artist, sponsor, advertiser, public relations agent or salesman who has or had anything to do with it should be utterly ashamed of their connection to this piece of filth.

Please contact FOX about this travesty:

Ms. Gail Berman, President
FOX Broadcasting Company
P.O. Box 900
Beverly Hills, CA 90213
(310) 369-1000
E-Mail: askfox@foxinc.com

Gaude Lydia Paez, Vice President Communications
FOX Broadcasting Company
Phone: (310) 369-3276
Fax: (310) 369-1283
E-Mail: gaude.paez@fox.com

FOX Broadcasting Company
10201 West Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Phone: (310) 369-3553
Web: www.fox.com

Is anyone really surprised by this? When I was living up to my neck in sin like a selfish schmuck, I used to watch most of this garbage and laugh at it, now it doesn’t appear on my T.V. whatsoever. Family Guy & shows like the Simpsons where they are always making fun out of God and the Catholic religion in particular, will never be on my T.V. I’m pretty much sick of all T.V. in general anyway, unless its Super Saints, Sunday Night Live with Father Benedict Groeschel on EWTN. It seems that mostly everything on T.V. Today is just a big pile of immoral garbage anyway.

Television is no longer a welcomed guest in my home.

The sick, the twisted, the dark, the dysfunctional. If Dick Cheney had inflicted this on Americans, people would be dragging him to court.

It’s a “free” country? Freedom isn’t free. And responsible citizenship means being concerned about your neighbor.

God bless,
Ed

I would totally agree with this statement, I think that maybe I was just a bit afraid to say it, so thank you. Anyone who thinks this kind of garbage is funny and has the attitude of “If you don’t like it, don’t watch.”, is still very much in touch & in love with the material, sinful, immoral, secular things in this culture of death, and not very in touch with the spiritual things that God has to offer them. If the truth hurts, you don’t have to read it.

There isn’t much on television that seems designed to bring people closer to God. It is in many respects the “vast wasteland” it has been described to be. Ironically, I find that some of the best shows are satire, which is what Family Guy is.

Satire? Jesus appears in an episode, denies who He is, and then fulfills a perverted request from the father? What is being satirized? God will fulfill your perverted wishes?

I think a line needs to be drawn between what we allow into our heads and hearts and what we don’t. The Schiavo family was hurt by this.

stmichaelsociety.com/2010/03/22/foxs-the-family-guy-mocks-terry-schiavo-on-eve-of-5th-anniversary-of-her-death/

The next time you here the phrase “It’s all good,” try to realize that that’s just not true.

God bless,
Ed

Choose Jesus.

[quote="edwest2, post:13, topic:191906"]
Television is no longer a welcomed guest in my home.

[/quote]

I too have no television. I don't miss it at all. Of course, it helps that I'm not any kind of a sports fan otherwise I might have had to make a small exception part of the week. :D

Yeah, I remember the very last time I ever watched this big pile of immoral garbage, that some view here as entertainment. Jesus second coming was being made fun of, and people were laughing at Jesus, because he was small in stature, because he roamed the earth two thousand years ago. “God shall not be mocked.” I’m not stating that I’m somehow better than anyone else, because I don’t approve of this show, but I will not cast my lot in with people who mock God and approve of it. I think that Today, many people are afraid to call sin what it is, SIN!!!

But George – isn’t this a part of the problem! (BTW – I don’t mean my statements here to be a swipe at you). Too many people take the attitude of:

I didn’t mean anything by it. It was just a joke. Lighten up.

We see this attitude as being the justification for offending. “It was just a joke.” Is this not moral relativism in action? We see this on websites like fark were people mock not only the Catholic church as well as Moslems and Jews – but more often Catholics – and state – we are equal opportunity offenders – as their justification.

The real intent of these actions is to hurt, is to offend, and is to mock – not to joke.

God bless

T

When I see something really bad I try to get a list of the sponsors. Write to the CEO at the sponsoring corporation, list the products and services that you will no longer purchase.

Who paid to have a program that mocked the death of another human being broadcast?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.