Terror Plot Uncovered In Switzerland Names Chicago, Toronto As Targets

Terror Plot Uncovered In Switzerland Names Chicago, Toronto As Targets… cbsloc.al/1UfsDEb

:thumbsup:

What’s the thumbs up for?

thankful for every plot uncovered!

Perhaps the poster was thankful that the plot was uncovered and stopped.

I talk to people every single day now, who believe it won’t be very long till the next deadly attack in America by ISIS or an ISIS wannabe. When it happens, more and more people will come to the conclusion that Donald Trump’s and some of the other Republican candidates ideas on how to address the problem are not based on hate and fear but rather common sense.

No, they’ll tell us that our irrational fear drove the terrorists to slaughter people

As we all know, it’s not a matter of if but a matter of when.

However, we should not judge all Muslims guilty for the crimes of a few. The trick is discerning who means you harm and who does not. Easier said than done.

Chicago is a mess - like Baltimore, Ferguson (St. Louis), Philly, Frisco, but leading the messes. No surprise - Obama’s crew has been entrenched there for years. Another fundamentally changed landmark city of America.

As far as being a possible Islamic terrorist target - no surprise there! :mad:

I talk to people every day who are convinced there will be another mass shooting soon. It might be done by ISIS, or a radicalized Christian thinking he’ll stop abortion or someone that is clearly mentally ill but his mother lets him have access to guns or a racist who shoots people in a black church, or someone who shows up on a college campus.

When it happens, some will call for changes, but others will say it violates their God-given rights and, if not for them, who will stop a dictatorship in America. And nothing will change.

Or that shooting may be done by a radical liberal left winger radicalized by the SPLC and gay rights movement. I’m sure one can agree with this. Let’s not forget the Family Research Center shooting. Correct?

I don’t even think one can credibly deny all of the vandalism done in the name of the gay rights movement; so I guess if one is going to rather vulgarly lump together some groups, it appears one can lump together all groups.

I agree.

Of course. I was just listing the major incidents were multiple people were killed. It would be a much longer list if I included every successful mass shooting, much less every case where there was only 1 person shot.

I don’t even think one can credibly deny all of the vandalism done in the name of the gay rights movement; so I guess if one is going to rather vulgarly lump together some groups, it appears one can lump together all groups.

Now, we’re talking vandalism? This seems like an attempt to derail the topic, but I know you wouldn’t do that, so I’ll just say it’s a bit too far off the topic that I won’t respond to this in particular.

Indeed
Talk about blaming the victim.

I think you misunderstood. Irrational fear is sort of like psycho babble. Terrorists do not decide to “up” their horror in butchering people, setting them on fire, throwing them off high places, the always popular beheading on u-tube, etc. because their victims are afraid. Fear is real, it is built in to animals and man. It causes us to think it over before we try to fly like superman! These Islamic terrorists are demonic - they are like a brain cancer spreading their “religion” ( which it does not have) to pscho zombies. There is not a thing in this world that can be used as a reason for their blood lust - there is nothing of reason in them. We cannot afford to wait until the rest of their world, that claims they do not have anything in common, stomp the evil into the dust of hell.

I think you misunderstood what I agreed to. :confused:

Switzerland arrests two Syrians on suspicion of terror links
bbc.com/news/world-europe-35083819

Two people of Syrian origin have been arrested in Geneva on suspicion of making, concealing and transporting explosives, the Swiss attorney general says.

The two are also suspected of violating a law prohibiting groups such as al-Qaeda and the so-called Islamic State (IS), the statement added.

Geneva’s prosecutor said traces of explosive had been found in their car.

Geneva has been on high alert this week amid fears an IS cell was in the area.

I think this is new information on the original story. “traces of explosive had been found in their car” for whatever that means. Sounds like the danger could have been right there in Switzerland, let alone overseas.

Yep, I sure did! :blush: (happens more and more these days!)

it is the year of mercy. you are forgiven! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.