Terrorist attack from Sinai against S. Israel thwarted

Terrorist attack from Sinai against S. Israel thwarted

A band of armed terrorists carrying explosive devices was intercepted by an Israeli border patrol as it crossed the Egyptian border of Sinai opposite the Israeli Negev desert town of Mitzpe Ramon early Wednesday, June 16, debkafile's military sources report. One of the intruders was killed in the firefight, the rest fled back to the Egyptian side of the border, some of them apparently wounded...

...The arms and explosive devices left by the fugitives pointed to a plan to split up for a multiple operation against several targets in southern Israel...

...military sources add that the investigation will try and determine whether the terrorists were Palestinians from Hamas-ruled Gaza or al Qaeda cells...

They're such nice, peace-loving people.

God Bless.
Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

And some people can't understand why Israel blockades Gaza...or don't want to understand.

[quote="Ridgerunner, post:2, topic:202236"]
And some people can't understand why Israel blockades Gaza...or don't want to understand.

[/quote]

Ahmed Ressam entered the country via the Canadian/Washington border. Should we blockade the State of Washington?

[quote="EmperorNapoleon, post:3, topic:202236"]
Ahmed Ressam entered the country via the Canadian/Washington border. Should we blockade the State of Washington?

[/quote]

Is Vancouver's elected government on the State Department's designated terrorist list?

Egypt has security concerns regarding Sinai, too.

[/quote]

We should also secure our Northern Border, you are correct.

(shhh...the bad guys know this)

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

Pretty silly.

Of course we should not block Washington. It might be well, however, to stop this "political correctness" that prevents diligent investigation of Middle Easterners trying to enter the country.

We all could learn quite a bit from Israel as to how to pinpoint a threat that is coming through border crossings. fortunately, the LAX terrorists were discovered before they crossed, but vigilance needs constant improvement, and Israel leads the way in this kind of knowledge and technology.

The blockade of course in not a part of their border security. It is a measure to curtail the aggression aimed at it from hostile forces attacking from the other side of those borders.

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:1, topic:202236"]
They're such nice, peace-loving people.

When you say ''they're such nice peace-loving people'', who are you refering to?

Do you mean the terrorists who were caught, or muslims/arabs in general?

I sincerely hope you are not tarring all muslims and arabs with the same brush?

We're required through charity to always assume the best intent and most charitable interpretation, so I'm assuming you were not making a broad general sweeping condemnation (albeit sarcastically) about the millions upon millions of muslims throughout the world who have never so much as lifted a finger in anger against anyone.

As for the terrorists who got back over the border - those IDF nincompoops that let that happen would be picking up cigarette butts around the compound for the next three months in my old unit!!! :D

[/quote]

What is the percentage of Palestinians that give their support terrorist organizations such as Hamas?

[quote="Darryl1958, post:9, topic:202236"]
What is the percentage of Palestinians that give their support terrorist organizations such as Hamas?

[/quote]

You won't get an answer.....diverted tactics only :(

Hamas is now believed to directly represent the political views of *one in three Palestinians, and its actions carry the support of an overwhelming majority. Opinion polls find upward of 70 percent of Palestinians currently favor suicide bombings and oppose a cease-fire.* Compounding Arafat's crisis is the fact that most of the rank-and-file of his own Fatah and security services regard Hamas as comrades-in-arms against the Israelis. Fatah has publicly challenged Arafat's calls for arrests of Hamas leaders, and his security forces plainly have little enthusiasm for the task — particularly when they're being confronted by thousands of angry demonstrators. Hamas has been the primary beneficiary of the alienation of many [LEFT]
Read more: time.com/time/world/artic...#ixzz0r9dFcKFo

[/LEFT]

[quote="kimmielittle, post:10, topic:202236"]
You won't get an answer.....diverted tactics only :(

[/quote]

[/LEFT]

You've posted that link in numerous places now.

You do realise the information in it is almost 10 years out of date, don't you?

The article is dated December 2001.

Have you got more recent figures?

[quote="Darryl1958, post:9, topic:202236"]

[/quote]

The Jerusalem Media and Communication Centre published a poll taken in February of last year.

The results are here.

huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/05/palestinian-support-for-h_n_164233.html

It's interesting to see the before and after percentages, and the effect the Gaza incursion had for Hamas support.

It's also interesting to note the majority of Palestinians said they would prefer the rebuilding of Gaza to be in the control of the United Nations.

[quote="Guyonthestreet, post:11, topic:202236"]
You've posted that link in numerous places now.

[/quote]

EXACTLY....and it's figures hasn't been refuted.

You do realise the information in it is almost 10 years out of date, don't you?

The article is dated December 2001.

ABSOLUTELY...I'm the one who posted it. :)

Have you got more recent figures?

Let's refute this one first :)

[quote="Guyonthestreet, post:8, topic:202236"]
When you say ''they're such nice peace-loving people'', who are you refering to?

Do you mean the terrorists who were caught, or muslims/arabs in general?

I sincerely hope you are not tarring all muslims and arabs with the same brush?

We're required through charity to always assume the best intent and most charitable interpretation, so I'm assuming you were not making a broad general sweeping condemnation (albeit sarcastically) about the millions upon millions of muslims throughout the world who have never so much as lifted a finger in anger against anyone.

As for the terrorists who got back over the border - those IDF nincompoops that let that happen would be picking up cigarette butts around the compound for the next three months in my old unit!!! :D

[/quote]

I am referring to those in the heading of this thread-The Terrorists who were (in the process of) attacking from Sinai against Southern Israel.

Send Phil Donohue to give 'em a hug.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[quote="Guyonthestreet, post:12, topic:202236"]
The Jerusalem Media and Communication Centre published a poll taken in February of last year.

The results are here.

huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/05/palestinian-support-for-h_n_164233.html

It's interesting to see the before and after percentages, and the effect the Gaza incursion had for Hamas support.

It's also interesting to note the majority of Palestinians said they would prefer the rebuilding of Gaza to be in the control of the United Nations.

[/quote]

Well NOW...we seem to be making some headway...Instead of you mocking me.

Lol.

You beat me to it :D .

That is completely illogical.

Hamas IS supported by Palestinians....quite a number of them. Just as you just gave evidence to my claim

[quote="kimmielittle, post:13, topic:202236"]

Let's refute this one first :)

[/quote]

Well, if you insist.

You say: Hamas is now believed to directly represent the political views of one in three Palestinians, and its actions carry the support of an overwhelming majority. (2001)

The Jersualem Media and Communications Centre says: When asked if PLC elections were held today, the percentage of those who would vote for
Hamas rose to 28.6% in this poll compared with 19.3% last April.

One in three is 33%.

Up until April 2008, the percentage of Palestinians that would have voted for Hamas (ie, Hamas directly represents their political views) was 19.3%. That's a long way short of 33% as you claim.

Now, notice after the Israeli offensive, that figure jumped up to 28.6%. Still not 33%, but you can see the effect that Israeli action has had on their popularity.

The same poll also foound that only 27% of the population trusted Hamas, but that was an increase up from 16% that trusted them, before the Israeli offensive.

Next, you say - Opinion polls find upward of 70 percent of Palestinians currently favor suicide bombings and oppose a cease-fire. (2001)

The Jerusalem Media and Communications Centre (2009) says: This JMCC poll found that Israel's war on Gaza contributed to an increase in support for military
action against Israel. The percentage of respondents who believe that locally-made rockets help achieve the Palestinian national goals rose from 39.3% last April to 50.8% in this poll, with a decrease in the percentage of respondents who believe that the rockets harm national interests from 35.7% last April to 20.8% in this poll.

You can see these percentages are way short of your claimed 70%.

In the same trend, the percentage of those who support military operations against Israel targets as an appropriate response under the current political conditions increased from 49.5% last April to **53.5% **in this poll.

Again, way short of your 70% claim.

As for opposing the a cease fire: According to the JMCC poll results, the war led to an increase in the percentage of those who
oppose peace negotiations. Nearly 41% (40.9%) of respondents polled opposed peace
negotiations** compared with 34.7% in a JMCC poll conducted last November**.

Until November 2008, only 34.7% of people opposed a cease fire.

Again, massively short of your claimed 70%.

And even after the Israeli offensive, that only went up by 6%.

Here's a top tip - when you bandi figures about - make sure they are up to date and the research is current.

Your totally erroneous claims of 70% is doing a disservice to the ordinary suffering Palestinian and perpetuating myths and stereotypes that are wrong and sinful.

If you are going to make claims against people, you have an obligation to make sure they are factually correct.

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:14, topic:202236"]
I am referring to those in the heading of this thread-The Terrorists who were (in the process of) attacking from Sinai against Southern Israel.

Send Phil Donohue to give 'em a hug.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

Lol.

Thanks for the clarification Dawn.

[quote="Guyonthestreet, post:16, topic:202236"]
Well, if you insist.

You say: Hamas is now believed to directly represent the political views of one in three Palestinians, and its actions carry the support of an overwhelming majority. (2001)

The Jersualem Media and Communications Centre says: When asked if PLC elections were held today, the percentage of those who would vote for
Hamas rose to 28.6% in this poll compared with 19.3% last April.

One in three is 33%.

Up until April 2008, the percentage of Palestinians that would have voted for Hamas (ie, Hamas directly represents their political views) was 19.3%

. That's a long way short of 33% as you claim.** AHHH actually it support for Hamas rose to 28.6% not 19.3** It rose from 19.3%.

Now, notice after the Israeli offensive, that figure jumped up to 28.6%. Still not 33%, but you can see the effect that Israeli action has had on their popularity.

The same poll also foound that only 27% of the population trusted Hamas, but that was an increase up from 16% that trusted them, before the Israeli offensive.

Next, you say - Opinion polls find upward of 70 percent of Palestinians currently favor suicide bombings and oppose a cease-fire. (2001)

The Jerusalem Media and Communications Centre (2009) says: This JMCC poll found that Israel's war on Gaza contributed to an increase in support for military
action against Israel. The percentage of respondents who believe that locally-made rockets help achieve the Palestinian national goals rose from 39.3% last April to 50.8% in this poll, with a decrease in the percentage of respondents who believe that the rockets harm national interests from 35.7% last April to 20.8% in this poll.

You can see these percentages are way short of your claimed 70%.

In the same trend, the percentage of those who support military operations against Israel targets as an appropriate response under the current political conditions increased from 49.5% last April to **53.5% **in this poll.

Again, way short of your 70% claim.

As for opposing the a cease fire: According to the JMCC poll results, the war led to an increase in the percentage of those who
oppose peace negotiations. Nearly 41% (40.9%) of respondents polled opposed peace
negotiations** compared with 34.7% in a JMCC poll conducted last November**.

Until November 2008, only 34.7% of people opposed a cease fire.

Again, massively short of your claimed 70%.

And even after the Israeli offensive, that only went up by 6%.

Here's a top tip - when you bandi figures about - make sure they are up to date and the research is current.

Your totally erroneous claims of 70% is doing a disservice to the ordinary suffering Palestinian and perpetuating myths and stereotypes that are wrong and sinful.

If you are going to make claims against people, you have an obligation to make sure they are factually correct.

[/quote]

Do Palestinians support Hamas?

My original post

Ahhhhhhhhhhh......:)

Supporters of Palestine ...support Hamas...because Palestine supports Hamas.

Quote:
                                             Hamas is now believed to directly represent the political views of **one in three Palestinians, and its actions carry the support of an overwhelming majority. Opinion polls find upward of 70 percent of Palestinians currently favor suicide bombings and oppose a cease-fire.** Compounding Arafat's crisis is the fact that most of the rank-and-file of his own Fatah and security services regard Hamas as comrades-in-arms against the Israelis. Fatah has publicly challenged Arafat's calls for arrests of Hamas leaders, and his security forces plainly have little enthusiasm for the task — particularly when they're being confronted by thousands of angry demonstrators. Hamas has been the primary beneficiary of the alienation of many [LEFT]

Read more: time.com/time/world/artic...#ixzz0r9dFcKFo p

[/LEFT]

I only gave credence that acknowledges support for Hamas by Palestinians.

You made the statement that no one supported Hamas.

[quote="kimmielittle, post:18, topic:202236"]
You made the statement that no one supported Hamas.

[/quote]

Please show me now the post where I said noone supported Hamas.

[quote="Guyonthestreet, post:19, topic:202236"]
Please show me now the post where I said noone supported Hamas.

[/quote]

[Guyonthestreet]("http://forums.catholic.com/member.php?u=125123")                  http://forums.catholic.com/images/statusicon_khaki/user_offline.gif                                                         
                                                                                                  Join Date: January 17, 2009
                                                                              Posts: 1,108                    

http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon1.gif               **Re: Sources: Obama Administration to Support Anti-Israel Resolution at UN Next Week**             
                                                                      Quote:
                                                          Originally Posted by **Yellow Belle**                   [forums.catholic.com/images/buttons_khaki/viewpost.gif]("http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=6755665#post6755665")              
          *There are Hamas supporters here???:confused:*

Lol.

You beat me to it :D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.