Tested

For nearly five years of my life, I held an interest in Wicca, Neopaganism, and the New Age. I was also a liberal Episcopalian for most of those years. I got rid of $1,000 worth of all things pagan and liberal Episcopalian. I also cut ties with those groups. I lost a dear online friend when I tried to correct her about her DEEP involvement in the New Age movement.

Soooo, tonight, I’m looking at the shampoos in the drugstore. A lady asks if I ever tried the new Loreal Sulfate Free line. I said no, but I was considering it. Then she asks if I ever had a psychic reading. (Random, I thought!) I said, “I have, but not anymore. I don’t do that stuff anymore.” I went back to the shampoos.

She says, “Well, you have a very strong vibration. You should have a psychic reading done.”

I politely smiled, scrunched my nose with disinterest.

She asks, “Do you want me to do a psychic reading for you?”

I said, “No thanks, I don’t believe in that stuff.” She asked again, so I repeated myself.

This was a test in so many ways. A couple years ago, I would have jumped on it. I would have taken her offer as a sign that the “Universe” was giving me permission to get a reading. Also, I may have been too shy to say no. But this time, I held my convictions.

I don’t believe it that stuff anymore, I was able to say it out loud, to an occult practitioner! I wasn’t afraid, just annoyed. (By the way, can we say LAME marketing on her part!?!?)

Let’s pray for this woman. :slight_smile:

I thank the Holy Trinity for giving me the strength to stand up for my convictions and gently witness to this lost woman!

Good Job!! :thumbsup:

Amen! :thumbsup:

But if you are ever tempted to look on something as a sign from the unverse, remember that signs can come from up above or down below.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into Hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Bless you!

–Jen

1 down, how many more to go?!

Yes, always say a prayer of thankgiving immediately, remember to add an additional one for the grace to continue to do just as you did.

With God’s graces…

It takes a lot of courage to do something like that.Thanks for standing up for Jesus Christ.Good Job:thumbsup:

Very courageous!!! Awesome!!!

Good work! Angelo Stagnaro, a Catholic stage magician who gave a fascinating interview on Catholic Answers Radio (July 31, 2009) is an expert on debunking self-acclaimed psychics. Probably this woman just concluded from observing you that you aren‘t the totally materialistic type, and chatted you up with this talk of “vibration”. Check out the radio show online.

I wonder, does this woman prowl around shampoo aisles, looking for customers? If someone came up to me with a line like that, I would run!

BTW, you said exactly the right thing. Good for you! :thumbsup:

why is someone trolling the drugstore aisles striking up casual conversations with strangers trying to drum up business for her psychic readings? That alone would make me suspicious of her, even if she was selling something legit.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.