Testimonies from former homosexuals

Do any of you have the links to testimonies from former homosexuals who are Catholic? I found a lot from googling but all of them are Protestants/Anglicans.

Thank you so much.

Brace yourselves, the popcorn-eating emoticons are coming.

Ok, I'll bite.

I think you might mean "former bisexuals" - i.e. those extremely few people with the luxury of being capable of making a choice.

Otherwise, no... I'm not willing to help promulgate information about something that I hold and believe to be deeply damaging and contrary to everything I've ever learned about my faith and that which it requires of me.

[quote="DexUK, post:3, topic:315707"]
Ok, I'll bite.

I think you might mean "former bisexuals" - i.e. those extremely few people with the luxury of being capable of making a choice.

Otherwise, no... I'm not willing to help promulgate information about something that I hold and believe to be deeply damaging and contrary to everything I've ever learned about my faith and that which it requires of me.

[/quote]

Actually, homosexuality is often a choice as well. Many people are born with SSA, but many others choose it. Furthermore, many people, even when born with SSA, reject it, and go on to find their true self in heterosexuality.

Oh, and :popcorn:

Please stop arguing about homosexuality and concentrate on answering to my question, i.e. please refer me to a Catholic testimony of a former homosexual

Thank you so much

:rolleyes: People are not born homosexual. Nor do they choose SSA.

However, I do believe some cases of SSA CAN be rehabilitated, dependent on the underlying cause and how young the person is when they start receiving help.

OP: There are some pretty high profile stories of people with SSA who live as hetereosexuals. They still have the same attractions but they do not act on them. Do you mean this kind of story or do you mean where they are 'cured' of the attraction completely?

nickybr38,

What do you mean by SSA? Sorry, English is not my native language.

Both please, and I would like Catholic testimonies, not Protestants because I got a bunch of them from google already.

Thank you

SSA = Same Sex Attraction.

Does SSA equate to Homosexual?

Links please (if you have any) thanks again

[quote="nickybr38, post:9, topic:315707"]

SSA = Same Sex Attraction.
[/quote]

Yes. Same Sex Attraction is a clear term to indicate the ATTRACTION, not the ACTION. So if you say a person has SSA, you are saying they are attracted but have not necessarily acted upon their attraction.

Such testimony of someone who had lived a gay lifestyle, then became a Catholic, is provided in the opening post at forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=757486

[quote="mayxanh, post:1, topic:315707"]
Do any of you have the links to testimonies from former homosexuals who are Catholic? I found a lot from googling but all of them are Protestants/Anglicans.

Thank you so much.

[/quote]

define "former homosexuals"

[quote="mayxanh, post:10, topic:315707"]
Does SSA equate to Homosexual?

Links please (if you have any) thanks again

[/quote]

It is an artificially contrived term used almost exclusively by a rather small subset of American Catholics to basically say "homosexual" minus any subtext of acting on the attractions that they read into the term.

[quote="dshix, post:11, topic:315707"]
Yes. Same Sex Attraction is a clear term to indicate the ATTRACTION, not the ACTION. So if you say a person has SSA, you are saying they are attracted but have not necessarily acted upon their attraction.

[/quote]

Neither does gay, queer or homosexual.

[quote="Dakota_Roberts, post:13, topic:315707"]

It is an artificially contrived term used almost exclusively by a rather small subset of American Catholics to basically say "homosexual" minus any subtext of acting on the attractions that they read into the term.

[/quote]

True..nobody outside of the straight Conservative community-usually Catholics and Evangelicals-uses the term SSA. I've been living minus partner or relationship for nearly 10 years, but I'm still gay.

A straight person who chooses to not act on their attractions for whatever reason is still straight. They don't become OSA (opposite sex attracted) when they stop acting on their attractions.

As for the OP, you can find testimonies from "former homosexuals", but I wouldn't hold much stock in their truthfulness. People who "convert" are usually those who were bisexual and chose only to act on one aspect of their attractions or gay people who have been pressured by outside influences to suppress their natural attraction and force themselves into "acceptable" relationships.

[quote="Dakota_Roberts, post:13, topic:315707"]

[/quote]

The Vatican does not use these made up political terms like "gay" "straight" "queer" and the like. They use terms to be specific and not kowtow to those with a "gay" agenda.

Sorry, what does "queer" mean?

[quote="Seeker1961, post:14, topic:315707"]

As for the OP, you can find testimonies from "former homosexuals", but I wouldn't hold much stock in their truthfulness. People who "convert" are usually those who were bisexual and chose only to act on one aspect of their attractions or gay people who have been pressured by outside influences to suppress their natural attraction and force themselves into "acceptable" relationships.

[/quote]

I read some of the testimonies from non-catholics, most of them accept chaste celibrate life, some engage in normal marriages although they still feel attractions towards same sex (but don't act out).

I agree with you, pure and born homosexual is impossible to change (except for miracles) but people can refrain from acting out. Very difficult though but nothing is impossible for God, including change in sexual orientation as a results of miracle.

You couldn’t possibly be doubting the veracity of claims of ex-gay by people like John Paulk, Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper could you?

it uses the term homosexual though.

It depends on when and where

[quote="Dakota_Roberts, post:18, topic:315707"]
You couldn't possibly be doubting the veracity of claims of ex-gay by people like John Paulk, Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper could you?

[/quote]

Dakota, could you please to give me the links to their testimonies? thank you

What does queer means in this context?

[quote="Dakota_Roberts, post:18, topic:315707"]

it uses the term homosexual though.

[/quote]

That is correct. Homosexual persons. Not queer or straight or LGBT.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.