Testing your faith

Often we face challenges, this tests our faith, do we run, do we denounce it, does it change based upon circumstance?

1 Peter 1:7

“These trials are only to test your faith,
to show that it is strong and pure. It
is being tested as fire tests and purifies
gold, and your faith is far more precious to
God than mere gold. So if your faith remains
strong after being tried by fiery trials,
it will bring you much praise and glory and
honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed
to the whole world.”

James 1:2-4
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

What I’m doing now, taking a very hard look at my faith, what I really beleive, deep down, knowing full well, it will be tested, now and in the near future. The question is, how many of us are simply going through the motions, how many are fooling themselves into thinking, they are doing everything right, only to find they are deceiving themselves with a false humility, a false faith, a false belief system.

Entire chapter of James 1.

I feel that after meditating on the actual physical reading from your Bible at home, you will have God talk to you and tell you if you are really faking it, mean it, or what you should do to improve. I’m going through a major thing with my g/f over her and temptation, and I know that what she is facing is God giving her a trial in order to grow in faith and believe in what is right. If only she could see that, and persevere through his grace and her own will.

I’ll be praying for you, prodigalson12, that you may have Our Lord come speak to you, however subtly or distinctly He may be, and guide you toward peace and toward full communion with Him. It’s really the only way to be happy and feel good in a fallen world with our own concupiscence and fallen nature.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.