Texas Attorney General: Immigrants Crossing Border Illegally Are Raping, Killing In Texas

houston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/22/texas-attorney-general-immigrants-crossing-border-illegally-are-raping-killing-in-texas/

TEXAS LT. GOV: 80-85% OF ILLEGALS AREN’T UNACCOMPANIED KIDS

breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/07/22/Dewhurst-80-85-Arent-Kids

It’s about time that a prominent politician engaged in some straight talk. Obama and the drug cartel’s best friend is silence. The Truth must be told. Rob :thumbsup:

Well first this is not Obama’s doing so lets drop that tripe if we can. The drug cartel and illegals have been at this rubbish since I was a kid, so nothing new there. And I sure didn’t see any of GOP fighting it, unless you want to count the failed “War against drugs.” (It was never meant to work and anyone with any sense knew it was not going to.)

With all of Bush’s concern about securing our borders after 911 I have to wonder why that did not get done then? Oh, ya, the drug cartels probably cried about it, let alone the factories in this country that hire illegals so they can deprive them of workman’s comp. insurance, and decent pay. Mmmm.

Is this a surprise? When anyone does illegal acts, be they young or old, it is obvious they already travel the wide road.

It depends on what you mean, the real hot war between the Cartels starts in January, 2008. Also, let us remember the fast and furious gun scandal and that some of those guns have been found at the scene of major crimes in Mexico. Not exactly Bush’s fault.

… And I sure didn’t see any of GOP fighting it, unless you want to count the failed “War against drugs.” (It was never meant to work and anyone with any sense knew it was not going to.)

With all of Bush’s concern about securing our borders after 911 I have to wonder why that did not get done then? Oh, ya, the drug cartels probably cried about it, let alone the factories in this country that hire illegals so they can deprive them of workman’s comp. insurance, and decent pay. Mmmm.

Mmmm. Bush had to deal with Democrat congresses as well.Besides all along, people have wanted a secured border and yes, congress people on both sides dragged their heels.

However, the most recent immigration bill did not secure the borders and the House therefore, voted it down.

:rotfl:

Oh PULLLEZZZZEEE!!

When did the left object when Bush didn’t fight illegal immigration all that much???

Democrats will only care about the border once it starts costing them votes.

I agree, it is fairly surprising, especially factoring in 9-11, the drug cartels are still very successful in getting their products across the border on a consistent basis!! I would have thought after that major attack, borders would be secured, but today, drug use is increasing to epidemic levels in many cities, heroin use around here alone has went up 650% in one year!!! WOW That means the cartels are getting more and more of it in every single day!

Actually, the more I think about this, there HAS to be some collusion between cartels, the drug runners, and govt/ law enforcement…I think if we knew the truth about this, our heads would spin around! LOL, I bet the corruption goes pretty high up too, and likely involves a large majority of people.

What’s not Obama’s doing? The current flood of immigrants across the border? They were indeed led to believe that they might get amnesty - due to Obama’s public statements - basically pledging amnesty. He certainly deserves part of the blame.

Oh that’s right - Its Bush’s fault.

Ishii

I can’t help but believe that after months of seeing provocative threads started by the OP, with no comment of his own that his game is just a thinly veiled form of trolling.

Border Patrol Agent Zack Taylor Interview - Security on the border between USA and Mexico - youtube video

As someone else said – this is an issue that both parties are responsible for and every administration since and including Reagan’s. The ‘comprehensive reform’ passed in the '80s which was supposed to include better border security AND sanctions against employers. These were rarely, if ever enforced. Politician’s form both sides have been making noises about ‘comprehensive reform’ and kow-towing to the amnesty supporters. Both parties have been making statements which encouraged this massive influx. Both parties have spent a good deal of effort in evading enforcement of the provisions of the act passed in the 80s. It started with Reagan being stupid enough to make a deal with people who had no intention of keeping their end of the deal. Just like his ban on machine guns in exchange for ammunition guarantees was instantly voided the first time his opponents got a chance. (…and folks wonder why pro-gun rights folks are reluctant to compromise again…)

Speaking of 9/11 and immigration enforcement, inculding prohibiting local police from following up on their suspcions of legal status. From GAO Report GAO-12-875 gao.gov/assets/600/592608.pdf page 29:

In 2010, {that’s right ~9yrs after 9/11}ICE investigated a Boston-area flight school after local police stopped the flight school owner for a traffic violation and discovered that
he was in the country illegally. {at the time, MA LEOs were allowed to follow up on suspicions of a person’s immigration status. Thats been ‘fixed’ now.} Twenty-five of the foreign nationals at this flight school had applied to AFSP and had been approved by TSA to begin flight training after their security threat assessment was completed;
however, the ICE investigation and our subsequent inquiries revealed the
following issues:
• Eight of the 25 foreign nationals who received approval by TSA to
begin flight training were in “entry without inspection” status, meaning
they had entered the country illegally.
• Six of these foreign nationals were later arrested by ICE as a
result of the investigation. TSA indicated 1 individual had been
approved to begin flight training at two other schools, although the
flight schools indicated that he did not complete training.
• Three of the 8 foreign nationals in “entry without inspection” status
obtained FAA airman certificates: 2 held FAA private pilot
certificates and one held an FAA commercial pilot certificate.
• Seventeen of the 25 foreign nationals who received approval by TSA
to begin flight training were in “overstay” status, meaning they had
overstayed their authorized period of admission into the United
States.
• Sixteen of these were arrested by ICE as a result of the
investigation.
• Four of the 17 foreign nationals in “overstay” status obtained FAA
airman certificates: 3 held FAA private pilot certificates and 1 held
a commercial pilot certificate.
• In addition, the flight school owner held two FAA airman certificates.
Specifically, he was a certified Airline Transport Pilot (cargo pilot) and
a Certified Flight Instructor. However, he had never received a TSA
security threat assessment or been approved by TSA to obtain flight
training. He had registered with TSA as a flight training provider under
AFSP.
• Further, TSA data indicated that an additional foreign national
arrested as a result of this flight school investigation for “entry without
inspection” had previously completed flight training through an airline.

Both parties are at fault, it isn’t Bush’s fault; it isn’t Obama’s fault. It’s our fault for electing these clowns and the state clowns who’ve consistently refused to enforce immigration laws. With state legislators, local governments and yes charities including the Catholc Churchoften actively aiding and abetting the violation of immigartion law. To include providing sanctuary status, benefits, refusing to inquire as to status or deport for other ‘minor’ violations.

We’re at fault for not insisting our government uphold the laws.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.