Texas judge warns of possible ‘civil war’ if President Obama is re-elected

news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/texas-judge-warns-possible-civil-war-president-obama-230545603.html

What is it about election years?
As if the negative political ads aren't enough, now a county judge in Lubbock, Texas, predicts possible "civil war" if President Obama is re-elected.
Judge Tom Head was on a local TV news show making his case for a tax increase, when he said hiring extra sheriff's deputies would especially be needed if Obama wins in November.

I remember liberals fearing that G.W. Bush was going to declare himself dictator for life and he would need to be violently removed from power. Looks like some things never change when "the other side" is in power.

Sorry, but I think the US has turned too much into a flock of "sheeple" to care that much about anything that would start a civil war.

[quote="poker10, post:1, topic:296175"]
news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/texas-judge-warns-possible-civil-war-president-obama-230545603.html

As if the negative political ads aren't enough, now a county judge in Lubbock, Texas, predicts possible "civil war" if President Obama is re-elected.
Judge Tom Head was on a local TV news show making his case for a tax increase, when he said hiring extra sheriff's deputies would especially be needed if Obama wins in November.

[/quote]

There are 3000+ counties in the United States, most of which have a county court system. This leaves 10,000+ county judges. Most are perfectly normal individuals, but statistically, some will say something stupid.

This judge's comments are useless background noise, not national news.

[quote="poker10, post:1, topic:296175"]

[/quote]

It's Texas. I'm not surprised.

Absolute worst case that I can see would be a couple local, racially charged riots as people claim that Romney somehow stole the election from Obama because all the whites are racist. Certainly not on a big scale and certainly not civil war.

This is a good example of an error in the beginning is an error indeed. This whole scenario is contingent on President Obama ceding our sovreignty to the U.N. That is silly.

[quote="runningdude, post:3, topic:296175"]
There are 3000+ counties in the United States, most of which have a county court system. This leaves 10,000+ county judges. Most are perfectly normal individuals, but statistically, some will say something stupid.

This judge's comments are useless background noise, not national news.

[/quote]

But he may be right. Much depends on the true character of Obama, a man we hardly know.

[quote="pnewton, post:6, topic:296175"]
This is a good example of an error in the beginning is an error indeed. This whole scenario is contingent on President Obama ceding our sovreignty to the U.N. That is silly.

[/quote]

The President already has.

We do not trust the man.

[quote="RobbyS, post:8, topic:296175"]
The President already has.

[/quote]

Really? I thought there was an election coming up, not a U.N. appointment of the next president.

Another sign that rational discourse has left the building. I thought it was bad under GW Bush, but it has gotten ridiculous in the last 4 years. Gone are the days when people could disagree and still respect each other as human beings. Now it's "agree with me or you are evil! And everyone who agrees with you is evil! You are servants of Satan!!"

I never agree with everything a politician says or does, but I hope to God I never lose sight of the fact that no matter how wrong I think someone is, they are still just as much a Child of God as I am. I may believe they are misguided, I may know in my heart they are wrong-but those feelings should never lead me to hatred of another human being.

[quote="Bill_Martin, post:5, topic:296175"]
Absolute worst case that I can see would be a couple local, racially charged riots as people claim that Romney somehow stole the election from Obama because all the whites are racist. Certainly not on a big scale and certainly not civil war.

[/quote]

This concerns you? Did you think of this or read it somewhere? Do you have concerns about the possible behavior of minorities?

No. Did you see where I said “absolute worst case”? :rolleyes:

Someone trying to get media attention by saying something outrageous. I expect judges to present more of a politically impartial public image. If he can’t control his own tongue, how can he be expected to adjudicate impartially?

[quote="RobbyS, post:7, topic:296175"]
But he may be right. Much depends on the true character of Obama, a man we hardly know.

[/quote]

We know what he's done since taking office. We also know what a President can do with the other party controlling the House and more than 40 votes in the Senate. Apparently, he can't do much. A "do nothing" Congress means that the President has far fewer options to enact his policies.

I could see us having problems no matter who wins the election. The judge was probably speaking to the competency, or lack there of, Obama has running this country. Many feel that parts of this country couldn't handle four more years of the current administration. A change of leadership would help drive this train out of the hole but it would take much more then just administration change. We need many forms of reformation.

[quote="ringil, post:12, topic:296175"]
This concerns you? Did you think of this or read it somewhere? Do you have concerns about the possible behavior of minorities?

[/quote]

Do you remember the 1968 Washington, DC riots? The 1965 Watts riots in Los Angeles? The 1966 Cleveland Hough riots? The 1991 Crown Heights (NY) riots? The 1967 Detroit riots? Historically speaking, a very small percentage of urban youth in major U.S. cities DID riot in the past. Facts are facts. The riots I listed actually happened and yes, race was sadly involved. Does that guarantee it will happen again if Obama is defeated in November. No, but the possibility exists. If Obama wins re-election, could a very small minority of whites react in a similar manner? I don't know, but the possibility of retaliation in one form or another certainly exists. People on the losing side will inevitably be angry, sad, and disgruntled at their loss. Let us just hope that reason prevails.:highprayer:

[quote="pnewton, post:6, topic:296175"]

[/quote]

Have you looked over the U.N. arms treaty, or read our President's history of comments talking about how international opinion is more important than our national government?

It may be a bit extreme, but I wouldn't say silly.

NOBODY is a “child of God” unless they are baptized.

“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God — 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.”

Gospel of St. John 1:12-13

Well then, I guess I’ll have to start asking for a baptismal certificate from everyone… If they don’t have one, I guess I can go ahead and hate them, right?

Somehow I don’t think that’s what Jesus was referring to when he gave us His Commandments to Love God and Love our Neighbors as ourselves.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.