Texas Musician Jeff Chance Passes Away

CAF Friends and Family members. It is with great sadness that I send this information to you. Jeff Chance (Jeff Chance was his stage name) passed away on Saturday December the 13th.We havent heard what has happened yet but please keep Jeffs family in your prayers during this time. Jeff left behind his mother, His two sons Jeff JR and Jake , Brother Mick, and three grand children. My husband, Eddie use to follow Jeff’s bands around when they played anywhere from Brenham,to Sealy, To Belleville, to La Grange, To Columbus, to Dancetown USA which was located in Houston, to Bill Miraz to Armadillo Ballroom in Brazoria. So as you know it is hitting Eddie pretty hard since he followed the band from the many name changes from The Barons, To Texas Pride and then finally to Chance. Jeff also played his remainder years with the Johnny Bush Band playing his well known fiddle and steel guitar. Please pray for this family. Thank you. We love you all, God Bless You All. Georgia and Eddie

Georgia, thank you for you post regarding this musican who gave you and your husband and many others much pleasure with his bands.
We will remember Jeff and his family in our prayers.
I can understand how your husband Eddie will miss him thanks to the information your shared.

I do hope that you and Eddie have a happy Christmas.

It’s good to hear from you Georgia

Praying for your intention.

My husband Eddie just brought this to my attention. After each time they played somewhere, Jeff would say " God Bless You All, Goodnight, Be Safe, and See You Later". So Jeff acknowledged God with every time they played.

Eternal Rest grant unto Jeff, O Lord. And may your perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.

Amen.

RIP

Thank you Family and Friends of mine here at CAF for your prayers for Jeff’s family and friends during this time. From what we understand Jeff’s mother found him in her garage in his car with the engine still going with his left hand slumped over the steering wheel and his right hand on the gear shift slumped over to the right side. He had the kind of funeral I wish for everyone to have. He had all kinds of local musicians, local DJ’s and dance hall owners there to pay him their last respect. If you would like to see Jeff here is a link to a youtube video where he played with Johnny Bush in Sweden. Thank you all again for your prayers and please continue them. God Bless You and Mary Keep you all. Georgia [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRfKTdpecAA

Rest In Peace Jeff… We love you and you will be missed by many and Thank You for entertaining us all these many years. God Bless You Jeff.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers for Jeff, his mother, sons, brother, neice and nephew. I got word from his neice Carissa the other day saying that they got the autopsy results back and they showed that Jeff had passed away from heart failure at the age of 53 one day shy of his 54th birthday. So thank you all again for your prayers for Jeff, his family, and many friends. God Bless You and Mary Keep you all.

It is almost one year that Jeff passed away. Please continue to pray for his mother, sons, brother , family and friends.

Through the mercy of God, may he rest in peace and may his loved ones be comforted.

Amen.

I know it isnt the two year mark but I just have to say, Jeff, they played some of your music in Paltalk today. I am quite emotional from it. I miss you so much. You were loved so much by alot of people. Jeff, please pray for me and all of us down here so that we can be up there with you shining in Jesus and God's Glory. I love you and miss you Jeff.

3 years gone. Hard to believe you have been gone all this time. I still miss you and pray for you, you are in our prayers as well as your family and friends. we love and miss you. Godspeed my friend.

Jeff has been gone now for 5 years. I still think of him. Jeff was a great man whom I loved so much. Pray for us Jeff, so we may come straight to Heaven to be reunited with Jesus and you.

Praying for the repose of his soul. Also praying for strength and comfort for his family and all who knew him.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

closed #16

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.